CHAPTER 1: WHY I LEFT YOU~

JENNIE POV

"Alright... listen up everyone, the given budget is 20 billion dollars by our client" Lisa stated and everyone gasp. It was pretty shocking and the CEO wasn't lying that this is our biggest client of ours. We never handled this kind of event so it's the first time in forever "So I will assign---"

"Excuse me?" I speak up coldly, cutting Lisa off and they look at me confusedly. I can't let Lisa boss around here! Never again in my life "Remember Manoban, we're both the department managers here and no one assigned you to lead us"

"I know Kim and I'm just being organized. Let me finish fir---"

"Nope! You're trying to boss around" I squint my eyes at her. She sighs and massages her head "Can you please stop assuming things first Ms. Kim? I'm just being organized"

"I am not! As what I see, you're trying to plan for this project without my consent. Am I right Manoban?" I look at her seriously and she gave back an intense stare. I could feel the tension inside the room but I won't let her win this time 

"How can you be so sure Kim?" Lisa stands up from her seat and stands infront of me, arms crossed. Shit she still smell---- Cut it out Jennie!

"Because you're so good at bossing around and I won't let you do that to me and my team~" I coldly utter and stand to level with her height which was good that I'm wearing heels right now. Lisa leans close making my knees weak as I smell her minty breath "You sure Kim? As what I remembered you didn't let me finish my sentence yet..."

"I don't care! Just don't----"

"I am assigning my team for the breakdown of the expenses and I suggested that I will partner each of my staff with yours. Jeez! Jennie know how to let me finish and explain for goodness sake!" Lisa hisses and goes back to her seat. I was able to breathe normally again, I put my hand on my chest when it started to beat fast but it was good that I was able to compose myself right away

"Not my fault that I don't trust you" I roll my eyes and flop on my seat

"Jennie, I'm trying to be professional here! Why are you bringing this up?" Lisa massages her forehead and stares at me intently "It's been freaking 7 years Jennie!"

"Don't bring this up Lalisa!"

"You're the one who started Jennie!" Lisa stands up. I went to her as well and had an intense staring contest with her. Seconds later the door swung open with a fuming CEO "Manoban! Kim! To my office now!" He shouts and left. I look at Lisa coldly before I followed the CEO to his office. Lisa followed behind and we both stand up infront of him as he took a seat.

"Just tell me if you can't do this~ Because you are welcome to leave my company!" He slams his laptop close. He look at Lisa like he wants to kill her "Manoban! Do you want to leave?!"

"N-no s-sir"

"Kim! Do you want to leave?!"

"No Mr. Cheon"

"One more fight! I will kick the both of you out of my company" He throws the folders at Lisa who's beside me. I flinch at his actions and was about to help her when I stop myself "Leave!"

"Yes sir" We both answered and I quickly turn around, leaving Lisa who was picking up the folders "She deserves that~" I mumble and walk back to the conference room when Jisoo blocks my way making me sigh tiredly "What now Chu?"

"I heard what happened" She utters blankly "Jen seriously? We're at work, set aside your hatred towards Lisa. Be professional, you don't want to lose your job right?"

"Yeah whatever Chu and if someone deserves losing this job....It's Lisa" I walk pass Jisoo before she would continue her words and enter the conference room only to see my workmates gossiping. I know it's about me and Lisa. I'm not dumb~

"Let's go back to where we left" I flinch when Lisa walk pass me and back to her swivel chair. Everyone followed as Lisa opens back her laptop where I spotted Kuma's small face sticked at the side. She still has it? I wonder how Kuma is doing now~

"So 20 billion dollars~ You guys partner up with one of Ms. Kim's members" Lisa speaks and takes out her glasses "Bam, you and your partner for the decorations. Ryujin for the invitations and giveaways. Irene for the food and 1-week program. I will be with Ms. Kim for the venue" 

"Oh don't take this as your chance Manoban" I roll my eyes

"I'm not~ The venue is the most important and has the biggest part of the budget which is why we need to handle this Kim" She closes her laptop and remove her specs "I'm just being professional, hate me if you want. We will be working together for 3 months and after that we're back to our original place"

"Ummm Ms. Manoban? What about the accommodation for the guests?" This girl named Ryujin ask, we all look at Lisa who's busy packing her stuff. Now she's packing like she's the boss "Don't worry about that and the sponsors too. See you all tomorrow for lunch meeting and Kim you're coming with me"

"You're taking this as a chanc---"

"We're going to search for a venue" Lisa cuts me off coldly and leaves

"Yah!" I quickly grab my things and run after her "I can do this by myself Manoban"

"Really?" Lisa turns and gives me an unreadable look. I give her a cold glare which she just shrug "Suit yourself, I want your proposed venues by the end of this week" She coldly utters and leaves me alone 

"You're not the boss of me Manoban!" I shout, ignoring the people around us.

"Venues by the end of this week? Or we lose our job" She stops walking and turns around after asking a question which made me sigh in defeat. I need this job~ "Fine! You're so controlling" I groan and walk pass her 

"One of the reasons why I left you~"

"Alright we're not ending like this!" Lisa angrily answers. I turned around to answer back when she pushed me in one of the empty conference rooms. I quickly push her away but she grab my hand "Tell me Jennie! Let everything out! I am controlling! What else?!"

"You are a jerk! You are a cheater! You are a----! You are----" I didn't finish when she crashes my lips onto mine, making me stunned on my place. My knees are getting weak, my hearts beating fast like I've never felt it again for years but my mind calmed down. I didn't know what to do that I held onto her arms, avoiding to fall when I realized what she was doing.

"Fuck you!" I push and slap her hard "Controlling, disrespectful asshole!" I quickly fix myself and rush out of the room, leaving her. Fuck this feeling! I'm trying to heal but why does she need to find and come back to me like nothing happened?! Why is she pushing herself back to me when I am on the state of healing already?

TO BE CONTINUED...