CHAPTER 31(M): I MISS YOU

- NEXT DAY -

LISA POV

"Ms. Manoban! Mr. Cheon is here" Joy utters then points. I nod and approach Mr. Cheon who entered.

"Mr. Cheon" I smile and bow "This way please~"

"I wonder why you've invited me for the food tasting when it should be you and your team only" He sits down. I did the same and Jennie was in front of me. She gave me a smile when I look at her but I look away and cough my throat.

"Mr. Cheon, this is one of our biggest clients and biggest projects for this year. As the CEO of the company, I want you to pick out the best foods for this event" I utter

"Ms. Manoban is right, Mr. Cheon. Anyways please be comfortable, they will be serving the appetizers" Jennie stated and look at me. I give her a nod and let the waiters serve the appetizers

"While having our meal Mr. Cheon. Ms. Bae and Ms. Kang will be presenting to you the final draft for this project" I added while Irene and Seulgi sets up the big screen

"W-wait! I said that the final presentation would be in 2 weeks" Mr. Cheon look at us confusedly making the whole team silent.

"Well~ Since we've finished everything Mr. Cheon. We want to present it right away and maybe you want to add or change some things" Irene explains

"And Ms. Manoban needs to leave for Paris Mr. Cheon. Once the final draft is settled we can start and Ms. Manoban can still work with us while she's in Paris" Seulgi stated

"Don't worry Mr. Cheon~ I'll make sure that everything's fine and I'm letting Irene take my place" I added

"Arasso arasso~ Proceed" He smile and gestures. Irene and Seulgi quickly starts the presentation as we went through the food tasting. I was busy asking Mr. Cheon about the food and I can feel Jennie's stares at me which I avoided. 

When they finished the presentation, Mr. Cheon didn't have any problems with it and wanted to start the preparations for the venue right away which made me happy since I can go back to Paris soon.

"Mr. Cheon, thank you so much for this opportunity" I smile and shake his hand as we walk towards his car.

"Ms. Manoban, I should be the one thanking you after all the bad treatment I've caused you. You told me to treat you like a normal employee" He chuckles and taps my arm "I wonder why you didn't take over your father's position"

"Long story Mr. Cheon" I sigh but I managed to smile "Anyways, I'll go back and call my team for the meeting so we can start"

"Alright~ I've asked someone to bring dinner tonight. Also, I've prepared tickets. You and your team will have a 2 week vacation in Jeju" He smile 

"That's so thoughtful Mr. Cheon" I chuckle "But I hope that maybe Ms. Kim's husband and daughter can take my place?"

"You won't join them? I can pay for you flight back here from Paris"

"No need Mr. Cheon" I smile "And remember what I asked you~"

"Got that Ms. Manoban~ Don't worry"

"Thank you Mr. Cheon" I pout and hug him

 "Aish! Just go back before I change my mind and punch your face" He shoo me away making laugh and walk towards the elevator. I went down to the basement where I parked my car to grab some things. I was going back to the elevator when I heard a scream. I quickly look around and found Jennie being strangled by a hooded man.