CHAPTER 33: FATE

JENNIE POV

"Where is Lisa? How is she?!" I bombarded Jisoo with some questions as we got in front of the room

"She's inside, she was unconscious since she left the venue as what the pilot stated so he brought her here" Jisoo explains avoiding eye contact

"Is she alright Soo?" Seulgi ask

"Don't worry she's fine and she just woke up" Jisoo guided us inside the room where I quickly saw Lisa lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Finally, she looked at us when she noticed our presence but it was kind of different when she saw me

"Are you alright Manoban?" Seulgi quickly sits beside Lisa and checks on her like a mother.

"I'm fine, I overworked I guess?" She chuckles a little

"I told you that you don't need to hurry things up! Look what happened!" Irene scolds her

"Mianhe~ I just wanted to go back to my hometown" Lisa sighs and looks away. We all stayed silent, as the couple here beside me were signing me to go talk to Lisa. "Not now, I might stress her" I whisper and sigh as I look at Lisa who is busy on her phone. A while later the door opened and revealed the most unexpected to come.

"U-ncle" Jisoo and the couple stands up and bow.

"Mr. Manoban" I bow and glance at the person behind him.

"Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban!" Roseanne shouts and scolds her just like how Mom scolds her.

"Rosé that's enough" Jisoo pulls her away from Lisa who isn't even talking or even looking at us.

"Lali~ How are you? Are you----"

"Why are you here?" Lisa asks coldly

"I heard the news from---"

"I don't need you and your guilt here so you may leave. Mr. Manoban" Lisa stated without any emotions. Dad was about to protest when Jisoo holds his arm.

"Uncle, let me take care of Lisa for the meantime. Don't worry about her" She flashes a small smile then signs Rosie to guide Dad out of the room.

"Ummm~ Me and Irene needs to go back" Seulgi stands with Irene and told Lisa to recover soon before leaving.

"Ok~ I spoke with the doctor" Rosé suddenly enters and crosses her arms. "I told Mr. Cheon a few minutes ago. You won't be working for the meantime and I will be the one working with your team u till you get better"

"Oh come on Roseanne! Isn't it too much?! I just overworked that's all" Lisa argues

"Mr. Cheon is the CEO, Lalisa. You may be the heir but---"

"Don't continue Roseanne. I get it!" Lisa groans and scoff.

"Good! Now Jisoo you stay with---"

"I c-can't~ I'm working for our project but I think Jennie could do it" Jisoo smirks while we were all shock with her statement.

"No thanks~ I can take care of myself" Lisa stated coldly and lays on the bed, turning her back on us.

"Are you crazy Jisoo?! How can you let---"

"I'll explain it too you later" Jisoo whispers and nods at me

"She has a family, Jisoo! A husband and a daughter" Rosé argues in a whisper while glaring at me

"J-just a d-daughter. I w-was just forced" I answered in a low tone. I look straight to her eyes "I know she is your bestfriend and I regretted what I've done to her Rosie. Please let me fix what me and Lisa had. What we also had. If you'll let me or just Jisoo explain" I whisper and hold her hand as I sincerely stated everything I want to. If Jisoo wants me to take this as a chance then I would~