CHAPTER 23: OBSTACLES

- 2 MONTHS LATER -

JENNIE POV

"Hon~" I squint my eyes when Lisa shifts on the bed and groans, as I hear my phone ringing.  We just made love again for the second time this year after we celebrated my graduation last night together with Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad have been distant from each other and from us since last year. I think they're very busy so I only have Lisa for most of the time.

"Go to sleep, Lili" I whisper, kissing her neck and grabbing my phone from the bedside as I cover my bare chest with the bedsheets. 

"Hello?" I tried to answer without any sleepiness in my voice as I comb my hair with my fingers. Lisa lays her head on my lap and buries her face on my stomach and I gently caress her ears, combing her brown hair.

"Ruby! We have a shoot in an hour. The new model for CK backed out, we need you here"

"But it's my day off!" 

"Please Ruby, I'll just inform your sister later that we need you as a substitute. Please Ruby Jane!"

"You know that, Pran won't allow this right?" I argue

"What's the problem?" Lisa whispers and gets up, sitting beside me. She wrap her arms around my waist and puts her chin on my shoulder

"Ruby Jane~ I can't lose this job"

"And I don't want the same incident happening again. Find other models, I'm sorry" I ended the call and look at Lisa who was still sleepy. She look at me curiously and I explained to her the situation which made her groan in annoyance "Now, we need to handle this situation" She gets out of the bed, wearing her robe "Stay here and rest, I'll drop by the office"

"Let me come with you" I was about to get up when she kisses my lips "Just stay here, I won't be out for too long. I love you"

"Fine~ I love you too" I smile

LISA POV

"What's the problem?!" I entered the studio upon arriving in MNB Corp.

"Pran~ The model for CK backed out" The staff who contacted Jennie a while ago approached me

"Then find another way! I won't allow my sister doing shoots for this brand again neither me" I coldly utter and was about to walk out when I faced him again "Call Dad, it's his client anyway" I scoff and walk towards my office

"Ms. L, you don't have any other schedules today" Dara was looking through her list. We got in my office and we both sat down on the couch "Some also send congratulatory gifts for Ms. J" 

"Thank you, I'll give it to her" I look at my watch and close my eyes "Do I have any meetings for this week?"

"No, Ms. L. You're free till next month"

"Great! I want to take a leave, no meetings. I have something to take care off" I get up and walk out of the office. I fish my phone out and start to search for places where me and Jennie could relax plus I wanted to tell our parents about us.

"Hawaii? Amsterdam? What else---" I was cut off by a ring made by my phone and it made me frown why Mom's assistant is calling me. I quickly get in the VIP elevator and answered it.