The Wall of Briggs

3rd Person POV

As previously shown, Edward and Alphonse both looked over the very crude "drawing" that Edward made of Xiao-Mei, meeting with that old woman and her very bizzare looking cat, but like before, they ended up coming up dry in their search. Soon however, everything appears in a brief recap of the previous events, such as May bumping into Grumman at the train station, to Edward getting a visit from Alex, and even Scar's escape across the country.

Narrator: Ed and Al are frantically searching for May, a young girl from Xing who practices alkahestry. After receiving a tip from Colonel Mustang, the brothers head north in pursuit. Meanwhile, Scar leaves Central and blazes a trail heading west... His every movement is tracked by the Crimson Alchemist Kimblee. However, under the deep cover of night, Scar's trail inexplicably disappears...

Picking up from the trail, Kimblee and his men all exit the train they were ridin, trying to deduce where Scar could have gotten off the train and escape into the forest to further evade capture from the authorities.

Kimblee: If he was going to jump from the train, this is where he would do it... The engine's speed would decrease here. (Looks at the map) So what we need to know... Is which way he headed after reaching this point. Any Scar sightings to report?

Officer: No... Nothing definite.

Kimblee: That's odd... Up until now, he's been deliberately conspicuous.

As Kimblee tries to figure out where Scar could be hiding, suddenly another officer ran up to him and the first officer, seemingly with some news that the Crimson Alchemist would like to hear.

Second Officer: I have a report, sir! There was a small boat that was stolen near the river about two hundred meters south from here.

Officer: Was it Scar?

Second Officer: There aren't any eyewitnesses to confirm that, sir.

Officer: Look into it!

Second Officer: Yes, sir!

As the officer runs off to look into the strange disappearing boat, another officer ran up to Kimblee, once again, with more information for him.

Third Officer: Reporting, sir! We've talked to an old man who lives nearby that claims to have seen a suspicious pair of men who were heading west.

Officer: Hmm... Could be our targets... Take a search party to investigate.

Third Officer: Sir!

Kimblee doesn't comment on either of the offier's information, choosing instead to keep his focus on the map. The officers surrounding him all looked at him in confusion, wondering what his thoughts were on the information and why he hadn't raised his voice in a while.

Officer: Is there something wrong?

Kimblee: I'm not sure yet... On the map... Looks like there's a road here that leads north... (Points at an X on the map) There, what is that?

Officer: It was an old logging road that passed through the mountains to the North Area, but there were too many rockslides, so they had to close it down. Why do you ask?

Kimblee doesn't respond, instead choosing to look out over the mountain side, knowing that Scar was somewhere in the forest... Somewhere... Hiding, running, always on the move and evading capture from the authorities... And it seemed as though Kimblee unfortunately started to get a lead on where the Ishvalan might be...

Realizing this, Kimblee and his officers all headed down into the forest, heading for that previously mentioned logging road, however, once they entered the forest, the officers all came across one the aforementioned rockslides that was stated to be around the area.