Girl on the Battlefield

3rd Person POV

(BOOM!!!)

A large explosion erupts from the building where Ling, (Y/n), and the injured Lan Fan were facing off against Bradley and Gluttony.

Jumping through a window, Ling and (Y/n) land on the ground, escaping from the Homunculi

Jumping through a window, Ling and (Y/n) land on the ground, escaping from the Homunculi. However, Lan Fan was still in very bad shape, she was still critically injured and the two others couldn't help her at the moment.

As Ling and (Y/n) ran away from the building, unbeknownst to them, Bradley was watching them run away, having survived the grenade thrown at him.

Bradley: A smoke bomb and a grenade in one. (Heads towards the stairs) That reckless fool is beginning to annoy me. As is that other man. Gluttony, do you think you could follow their scent?

Gluttony: (Follows Bradley) Uh-huh. I've already got that mean man sniffed all over when he almost killed me.

Bradley: So you've encountered that stranger before?

Gluttony: Yeah. He was really mean, super fast and strong.

Bradley walks down the stairs to exit the building, thinking on what Gluttony said to him, about how he encountered that "stranger" a previous time, back when Riza and the others were having their stake out and (Y/n) stepped in to fight him off and save Riza from being eaten.

Although he didn't know it, Bradley just fought against one of his own men and walked out practically unscathed, but now, the two Homunculi were on the hunt for the escapees, and won't hesitate to kill them.

Elsewhere

While Bradley and Gluttony were beginning to track down (Y/n), Ling, and Lan Fan, back at the battlefield with Scar, Edward and Soma were trying to comfort Winry, who was still sobbing after nearly killing Scar.

After draping his coat over his friend, Edward just sat in front of Winry, watching her cry, comforting her however he could. And Soma was rubbing her back to calm her down and provide her some comfort.

Edward: (Holds up the gun) Here officer... Take her someplace she'll be safe. (To Winry) Winry... Al is still fighting, so I have to go... Okay?

Edward gets up and prepares to head back to help Alphonse in the fight against Scar, but as he gets up, Wimry grabs his arm, not wanting him to leave her.

Edward: (Gets up) I'm sorry... When this is over, I'll explain everything.

Edward runs off, leaving Winry behind to stay with the guards and taken to safety.