Ice Queen

3rd Person POV

The cold darkness of the night coated the area of the northern area of Amestris. Among the darkness, a massive hulking fortress kept the area warm and illuminated. The Wall of Briggs, lighting the darkness deep inside the fortress, two young alchemists, and one young Ishvalan boy, all of them being treated in the medical room.

Edward: E-Exposure?

Female Doctor: Yes, that's right. You two got lucky. You were both dangerously close to getting frostbite. You two need to be careful walking around in a snowstorm. The flesh that's touching your automail will freeze... And you need to oil it, or it'll stiffen.

Soma: (Writes down some notes) Ohh, okay... I'll have to write that down...

Edward: Hold on, so does that Buccaneer guy have a different kind of automail or something?

Speaking of the massive general, Buccaneer ended up bursting through the door, seemingly in some form of stress and irritation relating to his massive crocodile arm that gave Edward so much trouble earlier.

Buccaneer: (Busts through the door) It's no use, Doc. (Reveals his arm and Alphonse's head) I can't get this thing unstuck.

Alphonse: Hey! My head!

Unfortunately, it seemed as though Alphonse's hair, or rather the string that was attached to his helmet, was still caught up in Buccaneer's massive arm from when Edward shoved it into the jaws to jam the motor and the saw, luckily the doctor was still in so she could help him get it unstuck... And get Alphonse his head back.

Female Doctor: Up here, your automail has to be flexible and lightweight. It also needs to be resistant to the cold. After some trial and error, we found an alloy that works. A combination of dura-lumine, carbon fiber, nickel, copper, and so on...

Soma: (Writes more notes) Dura-lumine... Carbon fiber... Nickel... Copper... Hmm, perhaps with a silver base... Might need to look more into it... (Taps his pencil against his chin) Wonder if dad can afford all those metals...

Edward: (Groans) And here I assumed it was just iron... It's no wonder I couldn't do anything.

Again, Buccaneer proves to be a master of impeccable timing as he comes out from behind the curtain, clutching his side in pain from the attacks he sustained earlier. Unfortunately, it seemed he was still annoyed by Alphonse's hair being stuck in his automail as he still appeared with a grumpy look on his face.

Buccaneer: Hey, Doc... Be careful... Are you planning on telling them all our secrets?

Female Doctor: Why wouldn't I? He's a State Alchemist. And the kid here says he's related to the Yellow Alchemist. They have a right to know, don't they?

Buccaneer: (Glances at Edward and Soma) You're kidding...

To prove the doctor's point, Edward pulled out his pocket watch, proving his title as a State Alchemist, Soma did the same, pulling out a family photo of him and (Y/n) smiling together. But both of them were still very much annoyed that they needed to prove it in the first place...

 But both of them were still very much annoyed that they needed to prove it in the first place