The First Homunculus

3rd Person POV

Deep inside Fort Briggs, four men walk through the massive opening, heading out to carry out their own duties so they could get to work on serving their orders. Meanwhile, just above them a few soldiers who worked at the fortress simply watched over them, confused as to who they were, and what they were even doing in the fortress in the first place.

Soldier: (Looks down at the group) So what's the story with these guys?

Miles: They showed up under the pretext of escorting Ms. Rockbell and Ms. Kozuki, but I'm not buying that... They only answer to Kimblee.

Asuma: He's got some kind of plan for us here... But what...?

The two officers look down at the four soldiers, unsure as to what their purpose could be here... And how Kimblee was involved in this whole affair. But there was still the most important thing that needed to be answered... How did Edward and Alphonse play into this whole thing...?

Meanwhile

Elsewhere in the facility, after finally calming down and stopping their little shouting match about being irresponsible and not listening to each other, Winry had gotten to work on fixing up Edward's automail, helping to make it so he'll be able to function in the cold weather now. Soma was helping her with it too, writing down some notes as she worked on fixing up Edward's arm.

Winry: You should've told me you were heading to the North.

Edward: I didn't have a chance... We were in a hurry, okay?

Nana: The same could be said for you, Soma. You have any idea how worried we've all been? Mr. (L/n)'s also been kinda on-edge lately since you ditched him to head up here. So... What's your excuse for coming here? I was told you were just to deliver a letter to Ed here.

Soma: Same with him, I was in a hurry! A-And I didn't mean to leave dad there, I wanted to give him a call so I could let him know I'm okay, but we were in a rush.

Winry: Yeah, and when are you three ever not in a hurry... But anyways, what did you two do to get locked up?

Unfortunately, someone entered the room, preventing Soma and Edward from answering Wirny's question about what they possibly could have done this time to get locked up in a jail cell. Once this man entered the room, Soma immediately started to tense up, seeing as he finally realized who this person was... Kimblee... The Crimson Lotus Alchemist... The man who murdered his mother and all of his people...

Kimblee: It's only a misunderstanding. Just a lack of communication... I'll have them released in no time at all.

Winry: Thanks a lot, Mr. Kimblee. (Glares down at Edward and Soma) These three are lucky to have you watching out for them.

Nana: Yeah, please keep an eye on Soma. He's always been known to get himself in a lot of trouble back home.

Kimblee: (Smiles) Of course. It's nothing.

Seeing that Winry and Nana were putting a lot of trust in Kimblee, both Edward and Soma subtly signaled for the two of them to move closer so they could have a little private chat so they could help prevent them from making a mistake like entrusting their own lives in his hands.

Edward: (Whispers to the girls) Listen... I wouldn't trust Kimblee if I were you two.

Winry: What? Why not? (Glances back at Kimblee) He seems nice.

Nana: Yeah, he seems like a really nice man.

The two girls both look up slightly, thinking back to how they managed to bump into the Crimson Lotus Alchemist in the first place, and what made the two of them believe that Kimblee was someone that they could trust with their lives... Completely unaware of all of Kimblee's war crimes...