The Shape of This Country

3rd Person POV

The general of the fortress at Briggs, Olivier Mira Armstrong, continues to stare down at the massive hulking Homunculus known as Sloth. The eldest Armstrong smirked, preparing to show Edward and the other boys exactly how she'll be able to take Sloth down and protect her fortress from the hulking Homunculus walking towards her and her subordinates.

Olivier: (Smirks) Now you get to see the "Briggs way," kid.

Edward: (Confused) Uh, "the Briggs way"?

Not fully comprehending what Olivier meant when she said, "the Briggs way", Edward would soon find out. As Buccaneer placed his massive hand on Edward's head, seemingly entertained by the small alchemists' naïvety.

Buccaneer: That's right. Come, alchemist... Gimme a hand. (Picks Edward up under his shoulder)

Alphonse: Brother!

Soma: Pipsqueak!

Buccaneer: You, too, tin man! And you, tiny!

Unfortunately, Edward was aware that whatever they tried to plan with getting rid of Sloth, since it likely wouldn't work considering how durable he is, and his added regenerative abilities, it'll be practically impossible for them to inflict any lasting damage on the beast.

Edward: Hey, hold on! We can't just-

Buccaneer: (Points his gun to Edward's head) You were forced to help us under duress... How does that excuse work for you?

Asuma: (Shrugs) Can't argue with that... But... (Points to Falman) Who's this guy?

Edward: He's an old friend of ours!

Asuma: Ah, then he can help too.

Falman: (Shocked) Huh!?

After a while, Edward, Alphonse, Falman, were all hauling massive canisters of gas up the stairs, of course, Soma didn't have to do any of the manual labor since Asuma had decided against forcing the child to perform manual labor...

Buccaneer: Hurry up! Don't spill any!

Miles: Buccaneer, Asuma... Head for Gate Eight!

Buccaneer/Asuma: Sir!

While Edward and the others got to work on carrying the gas cans up the stairs, Olivier jumped back into her tank and prepared to initiate the next step in her plans to stop Sloth and hopefully defeat him for good.

Olivier: Let's move! Drive it into the elevator!

Heeding the general's orders, the driver of the tank starts charging at full throttle, ramming into Sloth directly and forcing the massive Homunculi back. Unfortunately, Sloth was able to stand his ground, forcing the tank to a halt. As he forces the tank to stop, Sloth begins to reach under the vehicle, preparing to get rid of this "painful" annoyance...

Sloth: (Struggling) What... A pain...

Olivier: (Orders more tanks to her side) Move it! Push us!

As soon as Olivier orders her men to push her, two more tanks come behind her and begin to ram into Olivier's tank, hoping to force her and Sloth into the elevator. Despite the massive size and weight of the Homunculus, the two tanks ramming into Olivier continued pushing, forcing Sloth to slide further into the elevator.

Olivier: Good! It's working! Rotate... Turret right!

Slamming her foot down on her driver, the operator of the tank forcefully turned the cannon of the tank towards Sloth, knocking him back into the elevator, slamming the lethargic Homunculus into the back wall.