The Struggle of the Fool

3rd Person POV

Deep underground, three people walk through a corridor, the three reveal themselves to be Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric, and Envy the Jealous.

Envy leads the two young alchemists over to a large wall, a strange location being that it was just another dead end. Envy walks over to the wall, messing around with it, though what he was doing was hidden from the boys.

Edward: Hey... Where are you taking us?

Envy finishes fiddling with the wall, revealing that the wall they were looking at wasn't a wall at all. In actuality, it was a hidden elevator that would take them straight to the surface.

Envy: Just get in.

Though hesitant as to what Envy had planned, Edward and Alphonse both enter the elevator with Envy, unsure as to where he was taking the brothers.

After some time of the elevator rising from the depths of Father's lair, the elevator opens up, revealing Envy, now taking the form of an officer, and the brothers, far above Father's lair and in a new building...

Edward: Wait... This looks like...

Alphonse: (Runs to the window) It's Central Command! We were right below it.

As Edward and Alphonse come to the realization that Father was secretly hiding deep below Central, pulling all the strings from behind the scenes, Envy calls out to the boys, getting their attention on something important to his plans.

Envy: Hey. You guys are plastered with filth.

Timeskip

After some time, Edward and Alphonse find themselves in the shower, Alphonse sitting on the ground watching as Edward takes a shower to clean himself off from the dirt, blood, and grime that came from the lair when they were all fighting.

Alphonse: So they've been there this whole time... I never would've guessed they were beneath the command center.

Edward: So maybe it's not just the Führer... The entire military might be involved... (Turns off the water) But hey... There is some good news in all of this...

Edward proceeds to inform Alphonse about what he found when he entered the real Portal of Truth to escape from Gluttony's stomach, being able to find the Portal again, and not only going back to the Portal, but also, finding Alphonse's body. Alphonse's real body, the body that he lost so long ago when he and Edward foolishly tried to play God.

Alphonse: You saw it!? My body's still in there!?

Edward: (Drying his hair) It is... I tried to reach out for it, but it said that it couldn't go with me since I wasn't its soul.

Alphonse: My body... It still exists...! (Pumps his fists) Yes... Yes!

Edward: (Straightens his ahoge) Yes!

Upon straightening himself up, making sure he can be as tall as he can be, Edward steps out of the shower, ready to get back to work on getting Alphonse's body back to his soul.

Edward: (Exits the shower) And now that we know its there, we're one step closer to gettin' it back.

Unfortunately, Edward saw something, something which confused him and worried him, there was something on Alphonse's shoulder... A very, very tiny little panda bear, said panda was completely flushed, naturally so, given the fact that Edward was standing in front of her... Who just got out of the shower... Naked...