Chapter Thirty-Two

(so many of y'all want cazy and calum together omg)

Calum was as quiet as I was. Neither of us really knew what to say to each other. I think Calum knew I heard his and Luke's conversation after I got into the car, and I think it was killing to know what I was thinking about it.

I was honestly a little taken back. Calum was a very attractive and sweet guy. How would he have a tiny crush on me? How did Luke even have a crush on me?

When did I suddenly become the girl that guys crushed on? I thought it would usually be like Sammie Bourne, a girl in my 1st period. She always got crushed on by hot guys, but me? How was this happening?

In the corner of my eye I see Calum reach for the radio and he turns it on, switching to some random station. Some popular song of the month plays, and I don't mind it. I'd rather listen to music than sit in this awkward ass silence.

Calum's watching me, and I can tell. I only keep my eyes on the things we're passing outside the window. I see stores, cars, people, etc;. Watching other people walk and talk together calmed me for some reason.

I reached up and pulled a piece of hair and put it behind my ear, it was bothering the hell out of me. I cleared my throat too, nervously running my hands on my pants.

"Thank you for picking me up," I quietly say, not making eye contact with Calum at all. "Luke's a real dick."

Calum chuckled, gripping the steering wheel and looking over at me before looking back at the road. "Hey, it's honestly okay. I'd do anything for you. Luke can be the biggest dick if something doesn't go his way, you should see him when he doesn't get to pick the channel we're watching."

I tried to laugh, but whatever came out of my mouth was a weird sound. I imagined the four of them all sitting in their living room, Luke fighting with Michael about the channel and Michael always winning. Sadness rushed through my body at the thought of never seeing that again. Fuck.

"Sorry, I don't wanna upset you or anything. Maybe we shouldn't talk about him." Calum said softly, taking one hand off of the steering wheel to reach over and squeeze my hand before putting it back.

"That'd be nice." I muttered. What would we even talk about now?

Nothing. We didn't talk about anything after that. We just drove to my house and Calum and I sat in the car for about three minutes before I said something.

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked softly. I didn't wanna be alone. "We can watch a movie or something.. or like order pizza and then watch a movie?"

Calum smiled, turning off his car. "Sure."

I stepped out of his car, feeling rain drops hit the top of my head. Oh great, rain. I love rain.

Calum and I rushed towards my door as the rain got harder, and I opened it within seconds, letting the tall boy into my home.