Chapter Nine

It was like every other day, honestly. I woke up, got ready for school, left for school, and then came straight home afterwards. It was like every other day when Luke and I would text each other until midnight talking about whatever we could talk about and send each other multiple selfies.

Except, when I came home today, Luke was standing on my doorstep waiting for me to get home. When I saw him my stomach did flips. We weren’t supposed to hang out until next weekend, not this weekend. So I raised my eyebrows when I saw him and he gave me a huge grin.

“Hello Cazy.”

I pulled out my keys and giggled at him, giving him a weird look. What was he doing here?

“Hi Luke.”

I opened the front door and went inside, leaving the door open because I knew that Luke would follow me inside. I ran up the stairs, Luke following behind, and into my bedroom.

I dropped my bag on my bed and my binders on the dresser, cleaning my room a little bit so it didn’t look so messy.

“I didn’t know you were coming over. I would’ve cleaned if I knew.”

Luke chuckled and plopped down onto my bed, nervously running a hand through his hair. I couldn’t tell what was wrong with him, but I knew that he was really nervous.

“It’s cool. I didn’t know I was coming today until Calum talked me into it.”

I raised my eyebrows and took a seat next to him. I was really confused.

“Calum talked you into coming to my house?”

“Yeah. I need to ask you something, Cazy.”

I bit onto my bottom lip, nervously playing with my hands now. What could he possibly have to ask me that he couldn’t ask over the phone or texting or something? And not sitting on my bed with me while my room looked messier than anything.

“Okay. . .”

Luke sighed, and turned his body all the way towards me. He looked up at my face and then down to his hands. His face was a light shade of pink and his lips were chapped. He ran a hand through his hair again and moved his shoulders back, looking up my face again.

“Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?”

Suddenly, I was hot and my palms were sweaty and my heart was beating rapidly against my chest. My stomach was filled with butterflies and I swear I was about to throw up. My eyes were wide and my cheeks were red.

“Do you not want to? Oh, fuck. I shouldn’t have asked that. Wow.”

“No! I mean, yes, I do want to go. Uh. I just wasn’t expecting that.”

I looked up at Luke’s face to see the fear on his face vanish and happiness take over. His grin was huge and his eyes filled with happiness.

“Really?”

I nodded my head and he jumped up throwing his arms around me and then walking to my bedroom door.

“Be ready tomorrow at 3. Wear anything casual. Bye Cazy.”

“Um. Okay. Bye Luke?”

--

“Does this look nice?”

“Yes, Cazy. I don’t see why you always need my opinion.”

I sighed and looked at Emily who was on my phone screen. I was facetiming her and picking out different outfits to wear on the date. I had no idea where we were going at all. Luke wouldn’t tell me.