Chapter Sixteen

“I wish we could have stayed longer,” Emily complained, leaning her head on Ashton’s shoulder. “That place was a lot of fun.”

“I know, Em.” Ashton sighed. “Maybe one day we’ll come back, yeah?”

Emily nodded her head, smiling up at Ashton. They were so cute.

Luke drove with one hand in mine and the other on the steering wheel, occasionally licking his lips and looking at me and then looking at the road.

My hand was probably really sweaty and his was too and it was just messy but neither of us cared we just kind of liked each other’s company.

I kind of always wanted to be with Luke. He was becoming like a drug and I was getting way too addicted to the way he made me feel.

I was always happy and giddy and I always had butterflies and always wanted to throw up because of how nervous I was but I kind of enjoyed the feeling. I liked Luke so fucking much and he made me so fucking happy.

“We’re almost at my house. We’re gonna drop off Emily and Ashton and then I’ll take you home.” Luke said softly, lifting my hand and kissing my knuckles.

I smiled at him, “Okay, that sounds good.”

And then we drove for another twenty minutes before we pulled into his driveway and all piled out, saying goodbyes to each other and chatting a little while they unloaded the cars.

“You and Luke should make it official already,” Emily muttered, leaning against Ashton’s car with her arms crossed. “I saw you two in the car.”

“What about you and Ashton? You guys are a little bit closer and way cuddlier than Luke and I. You two would be cute.”

Emily face turned red and she shook her head. “I don’t think we’ll be making it official any time soon.” She sighed, pulling me into a hug. “I’ll see you at school tomorrow.”

I let go of her and nodded, walking away and towards Luke. “Let’s go.” I said softly, getting into his car and waiting for him.

“Did you have fun?” He asked, grabbing my hand again.

“Yeah. It was a lot of fun.”

“What was your favorite part?”

“When Calum tried to scare us with the chainsaw. I mean, how the fuck did he even get one there without us realizing?” I laughed. “Kind of creepy. I think you have a murderer in your home.”

“Nah,” Luke chuckled. “Calum’s way too lazy to kill someone.”

“Same.”

I sighed and leaned into the seat, sleepy as hell. I stayed up the whole car ride home so that Luke could be entertained and not be left alone with Emily and Ashton.

“When we get to your house do you wanna take a nap and maybe go to dinner tonight?”

I looked over at him and smiled, nodding my head. “Yeah, that’d be nice.”

And so we were silent until a song came on the radio and I got a little bit too excited.

“You know this song?” He asked me softly, grinning at me and laughing at my dance moves.

“Who doesn’t know this song?”

“Me. . .”

“Because you’re the biggest loser ever.”

“I am not!” He playfully glared at me, covering his heart. “You hurt my feelings.”

“Aw, you big baby.”