Chapter Five

My hand ran through my long hair, pulling the tangles out with my fingers. My butt hit the bed soon right after, and my head rested against my pillow. It’d been about three days since I’ve seen anyone other than my family members. To be honest, I was getting very lonely.

I let out a frustrated sigh and turned on my side, looking at the many pictures I had taped onto my wall. Pictures with my family members, friends, ex-friends, and random pictures of nature that I would randomly take.

I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand next to my bed and unlocked it. My fingers automatically tapped onto the iTube app and played from my history. I let out another sigh and plunged my phone into my water speakers.

I sat back onto my bed and hummed along to the song that was playing out of the speakers, letting myself fall back onto the bed.

No one was home today; my mom and dad were both out doing things while I laid here bored as shit. I could hang out with Emily, but nope. She was with her boyfriend.

I loved her to death, but it was annoying when she would only hang out with him and rarely me anymore. I was jealous, of course, but I wouldn’t let her know that. I just wanted her to be happy and I guess if she was hanging out with him like this and it made her happy, I shouldn’t do anything to ruin that.

I turned my head and glanced at the wall with a bunch of pictures again, and one caught my eye.

I stood up and walked over towards the picture, a lump forming in my throat as I stared at it. It was a picture of me along with one of my old friends, Maggie. We were about nine. A small smile formed on my face and tears began to fill up in my eyes.

Before I knew it, tears were flooding out of my eyes and I was letting sobs escape my mouth. One hand reached up and covered my mouth, and the other one reached for the picture, my fingers barely brushing the picture.

Tee Shirt by Birdy began to play on my phone, and I couldn’t help but to cry harder. I missed her way too much.

I sat back onto my bed and put my head into my hands, sobs filled the room, the music only covering them a little.

I jumped slightly as my phone began to ring, and I quickly stood up and walked across my room to grab my phone and unplug it from the water speakers.

I wiped my eyes and looked down at my phone, seeing an unknown number across the screen. I debated for a moment if I should answer or not, and then finally decided to answer.

“Hello?” I mumbled into the phone, trying to not sound so sad.

“Hey Cazy! Um, it’s Luke,” he chuckled. “Ashton gave me your number. I hope that’s not weird or anything—,” he paused. “Are you okay? You sound like you’ve been crying.”

“I’m fine.”

“No you’re not.”

“Yes I am.”

“No you’re not,” he breathed, and I could hear boys shouting in the background. “Shut up Calum! Sorry, about that. . . but seriously, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” I squeaked, looking down at my freezing toes.

“Something’s wrong. Can I come over? Do you need a shoulder to cry on?”

“No, Luke. I’m fine. Seriously.”

“Seriously,” he mocked my voice. “You’re not. I’ll come over and we can talk about it.”

“I—,”

“Lukey’s got a girlfriend! Lukey’s got a girlfriend!” I heard in the background, and then there was shouting from Luke.