Chapter Twenty-Six

"Caaazy, Cazy wake up."

I could hear the voice, but I didn't want to open my eyes and see who it was.

"Cazy wake up."

I heard her again, but this time I had a blow to my face from a pillow. And another, and another, and a whole bunch more.

"What do you want?" I practically yelled, my voice cracking. I opened my eyes and saw Emily sitting on my bed with a huge smile on her face.

"Hi best friend." She leaned on top of me, hugging my body. Probably because she knew I was about to kill her.

"What do you want?" I repeated, leaning up and looking at her.

"Today's the day of the party!" Emily smiled a huge smile and jumped out of my bed. "Plus summer starts next week!"

I nodded my head and yawned. "Yeah, so? Why're you here to wake me up and tell me that."

"Because, stupid, it's 2 in the afternoon. The party starts at 5 and you still haven't showered."

"How do you know that I haven't showered?" I asked.

I looked over at the clock on my wall and it confirmed that what Emily said was true, it was 2. I guess I was glad that she woke me up or I wouldn't have ever gotten ready in time.

"You smell."

I furrowed my eyebrows and smelled myself. Whew, I did smell. "Only because I was up all night working out."

"Why were you doing that?" Emily asked me. She watched me climb out of my bed and snickered. "Are those hello kitty panties?"

I rolled my eyes and flicked her off. "Don't worry why I was doing that. And shut up, they're comfy and make my booty look cute."

Emily snorted and nodded her head. "Sure."

I grabbed a towel from my closet next to my bathroom and looked over at Emily to see her texting on her phone. She was probably texting Ashton.

"I'm gonna go downstairs and help your mom set up. Come down when you're ready."

"Kay mom."

--

"Well don't you look all pretty?" My mom asked as soon as I walked out into my backyard.

"I didn't do anything special, mom. The only thing I really did was curl my hair." I took a seat next to Emily and watched her snicker at me.

"That's such a lie. You don't have to look super good for Luke anymore, Cazy. You have him now." Emily took a sip of her drink, which probably had a little alcohol in it since she was very sneaky and could get away with anything.

I looked over at Emily to see her wearing a cute shirt that had patterns on it and some high-waisted shorts. She barely ever tried and looked gorgeous all the time.

I looked down at my outfit, I had on a crop top(one of my favorite things to wear when it was warm) a sweater/cardigan whatever it was called and a pair of shorts. I really wasn't overdressing at all. The only thing that was overdone was probably my hair.

"The boys will be here soon." Emily told me as soon as my mom walked away. "Are you gonna try and do something with Luke tonight?"

I looked over at her and shrugged, pulling my legs up and resting my chin on my knee. "I have no idea, honestly. I think I kind of tried to do it the other day but he always reminds me that I don't have to do anything that I don't want to."

"But you want to do something, right?" Emily asked.

"Of course, but I don't know how to start it. Like it's always awkward to me whenever we get remotely close to even doing something." I sighed. "I hate being a virgin."