Chapter Seven

After hanging out with Luke and the rest of the guys a couple of days ago, I finally learned what having a lot of friends felt like. It really felt great. I rarely felt like that with Emily anymore because of her boyfriend, but I felt that now that I had Luke and the rest of the guys, I didn’t need to rely on her as much.

After we danced around that night and decided that we were all tired, Luke drove me home and actually walked me to my door. The hug he gave me was long and sweet and he left a lingering kiss on my cheek before leaving me to run up to my room and nearly scream.

Right now I was lying in bed snuggled up in my cozy blanket watching Bones on Netflix. I’ve already seen every other thing on Netflix, so I thought why not. Emily enjoys the show a lot, so I thought I’d give it a chance. It was only Friday night, anyway. I had a whole weekend to watch as many episodes as I wanted. But I started on season 7 just because.

“Cazy?” My mom said, opening the door and stepping in. “I need you to do the dishes before I start cooking dinner. Oh, and by the way, your dad and I are going to that meeting till Monday tomorrow, in case you forgot.”

“No mom, I didn’t forget.”

I groaned and reached for my Xbox controller, pausing Bones and pushing myself out of my bed. I followed my mom downstairs and into the kitchen to begin to do the dishes.

Halfway through doing the dishes, my phone rang and the caller ID told me that it was Luke. I smiled and blushed a little before turning the water off and answering the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Cazy.”

“Hi, Luke. Do you not know how to text?” I giggled, biting onto my bottom lip and looking at my mom who was chopping up onions. “I’ll be right back, mom. It’s Luke.”

I walked out of the kitchen quickly and into my living room, knowing no one would be in there. No one ever was.

“I do know how to text, Caz. I just like hearing your voice better.” I blushed. “Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go to this amusement park with me and the guys tomorrow. You can bring your friend Emily.”

“Umm,” I looked down at my nails. Did I want to? Of course I did. “Yeah, sure! And hey, my parents are gonna be gone tomorrow and Sunday so maybe afterwards you guys and Emily can spend the night?”

“Sure, I’ll talk to the boys about it.”

“Okay, Luke. I have to go.”

“Okay Caz. Goodbye.”

“Bye.”

--

“Do I look good, Emily?”

“You look fine, Cazy. Calm down.”

Emily rolled her eyes at me as I climbed into her car, fixing my sweater after I put my seatbelt on.

“Trying to look nice for Luke, eh?”

I blushed and faked a laugh, shaking my head. (Of course I was, but I wasn’t going to let her rub it in my face.)

“No. I’m going out in public. I want to look nice for the public.”

Emily scoffed and rolled her eyes, this time shaking her head and letting a laugh escape her lips. Her hands reached for the radio and she turned it on, turning it up a little but not all the way up.

“Cazy, you couldn’t give two shits about what the public thinks about you. This is probably the first time I’ve ever seen you dress up for something.”