Chapter Nineteen

The next time I saw Luke, he had this crazy idea of going to this area he found the other day that had train tracks.

“What if a train comes and like hits us?” I asked Luke, walking behind him as we walked down the long train tracks.

“What do you think would happen if a train hit us?” Luke chuckled, looking back at me and licking his lips. “Stop being so worried. We’d move by the time a train came.”

“How’d you find this place anyway?”

Luke stopped walking and looked around, sighing and then taking a seat on the ground. “I like to go on walks when I need to get my mind together. Or, my thoughts, whatever, I just like to go on walks, you know? Especially if it’s cold outside. So, I went on a walk the other day and found this. I like it out here.”

“What was wrong?” I asked, taking a seat next to him. “If you don’t wanna tell me, that’s fine.”

“It’s not that I don’t want to tell you, I just usually don’t tell people my problems. I’m not very good at it, so maybe another time, okay?”

I nodded my head.

Then we were quiet and I could hear him breathing (he was a really loud breather sometimes) and I couldn’t help but to giggle.

“What?” He asked me, looking over at me with a smile.

“You breathe loud.”

Luke shrugged, leaning back on his hands and looking at the sky. His eyes squinted due to the sunlight being surprisingly bright today, and his mouth fell open. “I know.”

I sighed, looking down at my shoes and playing with the laces. I was extremely bored.

As we sat there, the tracks began to shake a little. And when they were shaking a lot, we noticed a train was coming right at us.

“Shit! Luke, get up.”

I sat up quickly, pulling him up as the train was still a little bit away but coming at us full speed.

Luke stood next to me, watching the train like he was about to do something.

And as the train got closer, I noticed so did Luke.

“What the fuck are you doing Luke?”

“This.”

And right as he said that, he jumped across the tracks, the train nearly hitting him and me almost shitting myself.

I couldn’t see Luke at all, the train was like endless and I couldn’t see him at all. I was worrying.

“Luke! Luke, are you okay?!” I shouted, hoping he would hear me. “Dammit. Luke I swear to god if you’re hurt I’m gonna punch you in the throat!”

As soon as the train ended, and as soon as I saw his stupid dumb face grinning at me I ran over to him and hugged him. I was nearly crying.

“Fuck you, Luke. Fuck you so much.”

--

“I think I scared the piss out of Cazy today,” Luke chuckled, sitting down on the couch next to Michael as I sat on the floor with Ashton. “She was nearly crying.”

“What’d you do?” Calum asked.

“Jumped in front of a fucking train,” I muttered. “I had every right to be fucking scared, you dick.”

The boys laughed at me, causing me to turn pink and roll my eyes.

“Was it scary?” Michael asked Luke, throwing his legs over Luke’s.