Chapter Twenty-One

“Em, what’re you supposed to wear to a really fancy date?” I asked Emily over the phone, scrolling down my Instagram and liking a few pictures.

“Why? Is Luke taking you somewhere?” She responded, sort of far away from the phone.

“Yeah. He said he wanted to take me on a really good date before he officially asks me out and apparently I’m supposed to go on that good date this Friday and I honestly don’t know what to wear.”

“Well, since this date is that important, I don’t think you’ll be wearing jeans or leggings.” She giggled into the phone, chewing on some chips probably. “Since today’s Tuesday, and you have like a couple of days to decide on what to wear, how about tomorrow we go shopping for a dress?”

“A dress?”

“Yes, Cazy. A dress. Besides, I know about your secret obsession with dresses, Caz.. I’ve seen your closet.”

I giggled softly and nodded. “Yeah, okay. We can go tomorrow.”

“Alright, well I have to go. My homework isn’t going to finish itself.”

I laughed. “Okay, bye Emily.”

“Bye.”

--

“That dress is too slutty, go take it off.” Emily said, looking up from her phone.

“Emily, that’s the third time you’ve said this. You picked out these dresses, not me.”

“Yeah, but I didn’t realize once they were on you they’d fit your body so well. Are you trying to fuck him or get him to ask you out?” She said quietly, looking down my body.

“What do you think?” I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and blushing as a hot guy walked past the dressing rooms and stared at me.

“I don’t know, Caz. I see the way you look at him. You probably want him to fuck you pretty good.”

I blushed wildly and shoved her back some, causing her to laugh. “Shut up, Emily.”

“Sorry, I forgot about how big of a virgin you were.”

I rolled my eyes and shut the dressing room door, locking it quickly and trying to block out Emily’s laugh.

Emily would tease me over the wrong shit sometimes, and it’d make me so pissed sometimes that I just wanted her to go away and never talk to me again. But then I knew that I could never live without Emily and that she was just really honest with me.

I stared at my body in the mirror, looking at the way that the dress clung to my body. It was black, and it showed off my curves really well. I’d probably never wear this, unless I was going to some party. But everyone knew that the innocent virgin would never end up at a place like that.

I rolled my eyes, pealing it off of my body and throwing it onto a hanger before staring back at my body in the mirror.

I liked my body, or at least sometimes, but today my stretch marks were sticking out more than usual.

Since I was bigger back then, I had lots of stretch marks and they never went away but they turned really light. They weren’t light today.

I sighed, taking a white dress off of a hanger and pulling it onto my body. It was pretty.

The dress in the front ended above my knees, and in the back it ended below my knees. It was strapless and it had a little belt in the middle below my boobs. I smiled.

Opening the door to the dressing room, I spotted Emily smiling down at her phone before looking up at me. Her smile grew wider as she nodded, biting her bottom lip.