Chapter Thirteen

“Hey! I was gonna sit there!” Luke exclaimed, a pout set on his face and a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

“Chill, Lucas.” Emily chuckled. “You can sit here, I was just talking with Cazy for a bit before you came back.”

Emily lifted herself off of the couch, winking at me before moving to the other couch to sit between Michael and Ashton. Luke plopped down next to me, some pieces of popcorn falling onto his lap. He gave me a grin before throwing his arm around my shoulders.

“So, what’re we watching?” Calum spoke from his seat on the ground, flipping through the channels on the TV. “Ooh, this looks interesting.”

“Is it a scary movie?” Emily asked.

“Why? Are you scared of scary movies?” Ashton teased Emily, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

“Well, Ashton. I don’t think they’re called ‘scary movies’ for nothing.” Emily shot back playfully, rolling her eyes.

Ashton chuckled, leaning back into the couch, throwing his arm behind Emily.

“Yeah, it’s a scary movie.” Calum said, taking a piece of popcorn and throwing it into his mouth.

“What’s it about?” I asked, interested in what we we’re going to watch.

Calum shrugged and put the remote back down, giving his full attention to the TV. “We’ll see.”

“Well, okay then.”

Luke chuckled from beside me, pulling me closer to his body and making my head rest on his shoulder.

Thirty minutes into the movie, we all got uninterested because it was just really boring. We all just started talking about whatever, sometimes about the movie, sometimes about other stuff.

“You know, I’ve never been camping.” Emily said as we watched the people on TV set up their tents. “I kind of want to.”

“We should go!” Ashton said, a grin plastered on his face. “Oh man, that’d be so much fun.”

“Yeah, think of how many pranks we could pull on the girls.” Michael spoke up for the first time in a while, wiggling his eyebrows at Avery who was laying on his lap.

“If any of you planned a prank on me, I would personally kill you. Slowly, and then all at once.” I gave them a sarcastic smile, earning a laugh from everyone.

“Yeah, same. I would be so pissed.” Avery said.

I nodded my head in agreement.

“We should seriously all go camping,” Calum said, looking at all of us. “I’m being dead serious too.”

“Okay, Calum. We will.” I giggled, shaking my head.

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

--

“1, 2, 3. NOT IT.” We all shouted, looking around at everyone who screamed it last.

“I think Michael said it last.” Ashton said, pointing his finger at Michael.

“What? I did not!”

Michael threw his hands up in the air when everyone agreed with Ashton, a groan escaping his mouth. He rolled his eyes and let go of Avery’s hand, putting his head against the wall. He turned off the lights and began to count, making all of us shove each other out of the way.

I didn’t know which way I was going, I just bolted out of there. I was quick to leave, making Luke run around in circles looking for me.

Before we started to play hide and seek in the dark, Luke asked me if I would hide with him. Of course, I didn’t want to. I knew Luke would be making too much noise and he was way too tall to hide in the places I wanted to hide in. But, I told him yes anyway, and clearly I had lied.