Chapter Eight

When we got home from the amusement park, Ashton and Calum immediately went to my kitchen for food and nearly did back flips when I told them that I was ordering pizza. Michael had gone into the living room with Emily to choose a movie, and Luke and I went upstairs to my bedroom.

“Today was fun,” I said softly to Luke, giving him a friendly smile and taking off my sweater. “I can’t remember the last time I actually did something like that.”

“Well, since we’re now friends,” Luke plopped down onto my bed and crossed his legs, his arms going behind his back. “You’re going to start having the time of your life.”

I snorted and walked over towards my dresser, searching for something to sleep in.

“Okay.”

“What? You don’t believe me?”

Luke sat up and he clasped his hands together, watching me search through my drawers.

“No, I believe you.”

Luke gave me a weird but funny look, causing me to giggle. A grin spread across his face quickly and he stood, walking over to me.

“Aren’t you going to take off your makeup?”

I looked over at him and furrowed my eyebrows together. I completely forgot about that. I nodded my head and grabbed the shorts and t-shirt I was going to sleep in before heading into the bathroom and shutting the door.

It didn’t take long for me to change and get all of my makeup off, nor did it take very long for the pizza man to get here and for Ashton to bug the shit out of me for the money.

“Ash, it’s downstairs on the counter in the kitchen. You watched me put it there.”

I opened the bathroom door and shut the light off, holding the clothes I wore today and walking over to the clothes basket, dropping it in there. I turned my body around to see Ashton had left and Luke was staring at me, a smile on his face.

“I was right, you are a whole lot more beautiful without makeup.”

I blushed (like I always did) and mumbled, “Thank you.”

I slid my feet across the room and grabbed a hair tie and threw my hair over my head. I collected all of my hair into my small hands and then put it into a messy bun.

I also grabbed my favorite black socks that almost reached my knees, and put them on. Luke gave me another funny look before wiggling his eyebrows.

“Kind of kinky,”

I made a face at him that made him chuckle and shake his head. I giggled and walked out of the room, leaving Luke in there to stare down at his phone.

It was like Luke was always on his phone. He was seriously always texting someone. Which was kind of insulting, in a way, because he usually called me and never texted me. I was kind of jealous of whoever this person was that he was always texting.

I brushed it off and went into the hallway closet, grabbing multiple blankets and then heading downstairs. I dropped the blankets onto one of the couches and scoffed to see that most of the pizza was gone already.

“Damn, where’s the pizza?”

“In my tummy.” Calum walked into the living room, standing beside me and nibbling on the piece of pizza in his mouth. He looked adorable.

“Can I have a bite?”

“Of course, Cazy.”

I walked closer to Calum and opened my mouth when he put it in front of my face, taking a bite out of the pizza and moaning at the taste.