Chapter Thirty-Five

"What do you want?"

I could always feel myself losing the ability to breathe. My heart was in my stomach. I didn't expect to see Luke here. I didn't want to see Luke.

"Cazy..." he said softly, pushing himself up to stand in front of me. His tall body towered over me and I could barely see his face due to the darkness.

"What do you want?" I repeated, standing my guard. I didn't need to deal with his shit after such an amazing day.

"I need somewhere to stay.."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "I should be the last person you come to trying to stay with. Go home, Luke."

"I don't have a home.." His voice sounded broken, soft, it nearly made me melt. Why did he sound so sad?

"Yes you do, go home with your friends." I pushed past Luke and walked up to my door.

"No." His voice broke as he turned to look at my back. "I don't have a home, Cazy."

"What are you talking about?" I sighed, looking for my keys.

"Ashton kicked me out."

My eyes widened, and I stopped looking for my keys to turn and look at him. I kind of wanted to laugh, was that bad?

"What're you talking about? Why would Ashton do that?"

The fact that Ashton did this.. Wow. For what? Luke must have really fucked up to have Ashton kick him out of their house.

"Ashton said I messed up everything. He said I broke you, I messed up your friendship with Emily, he thinks you hate all of us but Calum."

I didn't say anything. I just stood there. Ashton thought I hated him? I guess in a way I disliked him, but hated? He's my cousin. I would never hate family.

"Look, I know I shouldn't even be talking to you-"

"You're right, you shouldn't." I crossed my arms over my chest and watched Luke walk up my porch steps.

"I know, Cazy. But I have.. no one."

"And who's fault is that?" I rolled my eyes. I shouldn't feel bad for someone who did me so wrong.

"It's mine. But look-"

"Luke, it's obvious I don't want you here. I don't want you around me, at all. So why would you even think it was okay to come? Why? Like what's running through your head-"

"Cazy! What's running through my head is you. It's always been you! You're all I think about. Even when I was with Toby, you were all that I thought about. I still think about you. I know I did you so fucking wrong, I know and I would do anything to take all of it back. I'm not asking for a second chance, I'm just asking for a place to stay tonight before I drive back to my mums." He paused and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I would love for a second chance from you, but I'm not gonna force you to get back with me. I'm not gonna force you to love me back. I'm not gonna force you to do anything you don't want to do. If there was any way to go back in time and change this, I would. In a heartbeat. I shouldn't ask this of you, but I am because I know you're a good person. Just please."

I looked down at my feet. "You're going to go live with your mum?"

"Yeah. It's the only place left. I just didn't wanna drive all night.. I could've slept in my car but I wouldn't be getting much sleep."

"Okay.."

"Okay what?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Okay you can stay here, but just for tonight and on the couch."