Chapter Thirty-Eight

Ashton took me home after I woke up and ate with them. It was really awkward. Emily and I didn't really say much to each other because I don't think either of us remember what was said.

All I could remember was that I cried about Luke. That's what Ashton told me, and he said it was pretty bad. I admitted to them that I missed Luke without even knowing how much I missed him.

I was curled up in my bed, watching videos on my phone trying to cheer myself up. This is what my life had become. Luke and I use to usually be with each other all the time doing something dumb, but here I was doing nothing at all.

I groaned and sat my phone down, pushing myself out of bed and walking over toward my balcony. I sat down on one of the chairs and looked outside.

I could see kind of the whole town, it was a rainy day today though so it wasn't as sunny as it usually would be. I enjoyed the view either way.

I looked down at my fingers, examining the messed up nail polish on my finger nails. Some fingers didn't even have the bright blue color I had put on them anymore. My nails were short from the constant nail biting I had been doing recently. Usually, I only bit them in school. Looks like I picked up a bad habit.

I looked back at the rain falling rapidly to the ground. I could hear it hitting my roof roughly. The sound was almost soothing.

My mind wondered to Luke. I imagined having him here, sitting next to me. I would be happy. He'd be sitting next to me admiring the rain and view with me. We'd probably be snuggled up, his scent would fill my nose and I'd be in heaven.

My heart began to ache. I missed him a lot. I wiped my eyes and dragged my hands down my face. I let out a loud groan out of frustration and sadness.

Why did I even miss him right now? I didn't need something so horrible in my life. But it was Luke and Luke had been my everything for so long.

I snapped out of my thoughts as my phone rang. My eyebrows scrunched together. I rose from my sitting position and walked over to my phone. Calum's name was displayed across the screen.

Should I answer it? Ignore it?

My hand reached for the phone and I slid to answer the call, holding it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I sat down onto my bed and bit my fingernails. Shit, I gotta stop that.

"Cazy! Hey! I was wondering if I could come over and we could chill for a little bit?"

I forced myself to stop chewing my fingernails and looked down at my lap. "Um, I don't know."

"C'mon! I'll bring a little surprise if you let me!"

"What's the surprise?"

"Well, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." Calum chuckles into the phone. "I will pull an Ashton and ask your mom."

I sighed loudly. "Fine, you can come. But you're not bringing anyone extra are you?"

"No. I'll see you in a minute."

"'Kay."

I hung up and dropped my phone. A loud sigh escaped my lips as I got up and walked into my bathroom. I needed to look somewhat nice.

My mind wondered to Calum as I brushed my teeth. He liked me, right? Maybe I could explore that a little and get my mind off of Luke. It'd be good to experience someone other than Luke.

I spit the toothpaste out and looked in the mirror. I had taken a shower once I got home earlier but I never brushed my hair. I didn't care that much about looking that nice, so I grabbed the ponytail holder off of my wrist and pulled my hair up into a bun. I pulled some of the hair out on the sides, just so my face didn't look so bad. I ran my fingers through my eyebrows and decided that this was enough.