Chapter Three

After the movie was over, Ashton said he was tired. So we all left the movie room after turning everything off and walking down the dark hallway. Ashton attempted to scare me, which ended up having him get slapped in the face.

So now, I was sitting on the bed of this kind of small room, looking down at my phone and wishing Emily was still awake.

I was so scared right now. I really hated scary movies. They scared the piss out of me.

I hated Ashton right now too. Because he got the room with the freaking TV, knowing I had to sleep with a light on or something, or I couldn’t fall asleep. I wanted to hit him in the face. Again.

I got up from the bed and paced around the room, running a hand through my hair. I took it out of the bun like about an hour ago. Which caused Luke to play with it a lot after I sat down next to him, it was adorable.

I looked at the time and let out a sigh, I was so tempted to go down to Ashton’s room and sleep with him. I know he’d tease me but I didn’t really care.

So, I put my phone on the charger and exited the bedroom, beginning to walk down the hallway when I saw Luke’s light still on.

I raised an eyebrow and walked towards his door. I could hear him on the phone with someone.

“Yeah, it’s been really funny… Ashton’s family is really nice.” He paused as the other person was talking. “I miss you too.”

And then the rest of the phone call lasted about thirty seconds until he told the person goodbye and that he loved them.

I looked down the hallway at Ashton’s door, seeing that Ashton’s light was out and he was probably already in bed. I bit onto my bottom lip, raising my hand up to the door.

I could ask Luke if I could sleep in his room. I think he’d let me… Or he’d make fun of me…

Before I could think about it anymore my knuckles hit the door and I knocked once, my mouth falling open slightly.

“Ash?” Luke said.

“Nope, Cazy.” I said back through the door.

“Oh, come in.” He said a little quieter.

I pushed the door open after turning the knob and entered his room. The first thing my eyes landed on was his shirtless chest. I blushed a light pink and made sure to just stare at his face, but it was a little hard since he was lying shirtless in a bed in front of me.

“What do you need?” He asked with a grin plastered onto his face. I watched him lean over and plug his phone into the charger, exposing his beautiful back muscles.

My breath hitched and I gulped quietly. “Um, I was…” I murmured, the paintings on the walls becoming really interesting. “I was wondering if I could like sleep in here. On the floor, of course. If that would be okay with you.”

Luke’s eyebrows furrowed together, and I watched him run a hand through his perfect blonde hair. “Yeah, sure. But you don’t have to sleep on the floor. This bed’s big enough for two.”

“No!” I said a little too quickly, the thought of sleeping in a bed with Luke made my heart race. I was sure that I was blushing really badly right now. “I mean, it’s okay. Really! I can sleep on the floor. Thanks.”

I looked away from Luke quickly, mentally hitting myself in the face for even coming in here and embarrassing myself like this.

I turned my body to shut the large door, grabbing one of the blankets from in the closets and a pillow that Luke handed me before setting everything on the floor. I felt uncomfortable, knowing that he was staring at me and watching my every movement. It made me self-conscious, even though I didn’t really have anything else to be self-conscious about anymore.