Chapter Twelve

“Well, someone certainly looks pretty.” Emily said from behind me, fixing her strapless bra. Her eyes looked down my body and she wiggled her eyebrows. “Getting all dressed up for Luke, huh?”

I groaned, shaking my head and rolling my eyes. “No, Emily.”

“Okay, okay.” She giggled and took a seat before starting her makeup. “Are you gonna wear any?”

I looked over at her and shook my head. “Makeup? No.”

She smirked and I knew she was going to say something but I quickly held up my finger and told her not to. She giggled and nodded her head, applying her eye shadow.

I was stressed to the max about my outfit. I was wearing a white dress, that sort of exposed my chest but not too much, and some white flats. I looked very girly but Emily said I looked fine. I also had some random ring I found in my makeup bag on, which probably added to the girly-ness.

My hair was braided to the side; it had lots of volume and looked really pretty. I had no idea I could do this with my hair until Emily showed me how.

Speaking of Emily, she was dressed in an elastic v-neck sheer pink dress, and it fit her body perfectly. She was wearing black pumps with them too, and I had no idea how she could walk in them without falling. A little while ago I curled her hair and she nearly fainted when she saw how pretty it looked.

I felt like we were too overdressed for this party, but Ashton told me to dress fancy since he was cooking. I hoped he didn’t burn anything.

“Cazy?” Emily muttered, grabbing my attention.

“Yeah?”

“Your phone is ringing.”

I raised my eyebrow and reached for my phone, answering it quickly when I saw it was Luke.

“Hello?”

“Hey, quick question.”

“Okay, go ahead and ask.”

“Do you and Emily want to spend the night? If you don’t – that’s fine. I was just asking.” Luke mumbled, and if I saw his face right now he was probably playing with that lip ring of his.

“Emily, do you want to spend the night?” I asked her, watching her apply mascara.

“At the boys house?” She looked over at me.

I nodded and she shrugged, meaning that she didn’t care.

“Yeah, we’ll spend the night.” I told Luke.

“Okay, see you in an hour.”

“See ya.”

--

“Wow, Cazy, you look hot.” Ashton said, opening the door to his flat that he shared with his three other friends. “You look pretty too, Emily.”

I looked back at Emily to see her blushing, and then back at Ashton to see him grinning. Well. . . okay?

“Thanks Ash. May we come in now?”

Ashton chuckled and nodded his head, stepping aside and helping us carry in our gifts we got for everyone.

“Did you find a gift for Luke?” Ashton whispered once we entered the kitchen.

I sighed, nodding my head. “Yeah, but it’s super shitty.”

I turned my head when I heard someone wearing heels enter the kitchen, and I expected to see Emily, but instead there was a girl with long ombre colored hair it looked like. She was really pretty.