Chapter Six

The next day, I’m sitting in my mom’s car, in Luke’s driveway, freaking out about my outfit.

Usually, I wasn’t so worried about what I looked like, but I found out that Ashton lived with Luke and two other boys, and if I was going to be in a house full of boys, I was going to look good while doing it.

I wore my favorite All Time Low shirt that I had adjusted to my liking with scissors, and a pair of black skinny jeans. I had my favorite pair of Vans on, and yes the very old ripped up ones. I guess I looked alright.

“Have fun, Caz. Ask Ashton for condoms if you need any.” My mom said.

My cheeks flushed and I stared at her in disgust. “Mom!” I shrieked. “Ew.”

“What?” She laughed, her boney hands gripping the steering wheel.

“Nothing mom, nothing. I’ll get Luke to take me home tonight, so you don’t have to pick me up.”

I opened the door after my mom said “Okay”, and stepped out, adjusting my shirt for what seemed the millionth time. I waved to my mom once I finally made my way up to the front door, and was let in by Ashton who seemed to be waiting for me way too long.

“Ashton, I am completely and utterly mortified by my mom.” I said softly, rubbing my face but being careful not to mess up my makeup.

“Why’s that?” He said with a chuckle.

“She told me to ask you for any condoms if I needed any.”

“Oh God! That’s disgusting!”

Laughter escaped Ashton’s mouth quickly, and I couldn’t stop the grin that spread my face when I heard it. His laughter was amazing, and it made you happy and giddy inside. Ashton was literally someone that you wanted to be around all of the time if you were sad, because there was no doubt that Ashton could make you laugh or smile.

I took a moment to look around their house, it wasn’t too small, but it wasn’t too big either. It was probably just perfect for four teenage boys. The entrance when you walked in was probably the cleanest part of the house, no doubt. And that was proven when I walked into the kitchen with Ashton.

Plates were scattered around the sink, a thing of bread was open on the counter, and multiple pizza boxes scattered up next to their trashcan, which was also so full that most of the things inside were falling out.

“Jesus, Ash..” I mumbled, looking over at him while he opened his fridge. “You guys need to clean this mess up.”

“I know, I know. Don’t scold me. My mum was here last weekend and she had a talk with all of us about it. I had to kick her out so she didn’t clean it herself.”

I giggled and shook my head. “Amazing.”

“You wanna meet the other guys? Luke should be home soon.”

Wait, he wasn’t even here yet?

“He’s not here?” Why would he even ask me to come over if he wasn’t here?

“Nope,” Ashton bit his lip, looking at his shoes. “He spent the night at Toby’s house.”

I was about to ask who Toby is, when a guy with green hair walked into the kitchen and gave me a friendly smile. He walked over towards Ash, putting his arm around Ash’s shoulders and chuckling when he saw the confusion on my face.

“Hi,” he said softly, looking at me up and down. “I’m Michael.”

“Cazy.”

“I know.”