Chapter Thirty-Seven

"What are you talking about? Let me out of the car." I glared at the side of Ashton's face. He knew I was in no mood to party.

"We're not actually going to a party, Caz. We're gonna have it with just us. You, me, Em, Michael, Calum, and that's it. Just all of us."

I rolled my eyes, running a hand through my hair. Did I seriously have to do this? I really didn't want to!

I should've just said no. I knew I didn't wanna even leave the house. I just wanted to get new friends and forget about these people because they did me so wrong.

Why did I allow myself to even get in the car? I'm stupid.

The car began to move and before I knew it we were already on the way back to their place. I wanted to tell him to turn around, take me home. But there was no way they'd leave me alone.

Maybe after this time they'll leave me alone for good and I won't have to associate with them no more. I will get better friends that will treat me right. I also will love someone else who won't want to cheat on me.

When we arrived I almost felt bad that I didn't see Luke's car parked in front of the place. It was weird. I couldn't really process in my mind that he was gone, living with his mum.

I wondered about the fight that happened between the group. Was it really that bad that they had to kick him out of his own place? Luke was the youngest out of them, it's a little wrong to kick someone out like that.

Their house smelled like it usually did- a bunch of guys. There was also a smell of wet dog, when did they get one of those? When I saw Calum walk in the room he gave me a wide smile. I couldn't return it. He noticed and stopped smiling to look down at his feet.

I wasn't mad at Calum, or anyone for that matter. I just didn't want to be around any of them anymore. That wasn't hatred, it was facts. It was the right thing.

"Cazy, I'm gonna get you drunk." Ashton giggled. "Like really drunk."

"I don't want to get drunk."

"Too bad. I'm sure you don't wanna do a lot of things tonight, but I'm pretty sure you will."

"And I'm pretty sure you can't make me do stuff I don't want to." I rolled my eyes.

Ashton shrugged and pulled out a bottle of vodka, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I shook my head.

"C'mon, we're gonna have fun. I promise. Just do a shot with me."

I stared at him for a minute. Watching him do his little puppy dog face. It usually didn't work on me, but I gave in this time.

"Okay, just one."

Ashton smiled and poured the liquid into a small shot glass. He passed the shot glass to me and then poured his own. I hated vodka. I hated alcohol.

"Ready? 1, 2, 3!"

I lifted it up to my mouth and poured the drink into my mouth. I made a face and pushed Ashton out of the way to pour a some sprite. I could hear Ashton giggling at me. I quickly chugged the cup of Sprite and stuck our my tongue.

"That was gross."

--

A couple of shots later, I found myself wondering around the house. Everyone was outside doing whatever they were doing and I was just inside, by myself. We had really loud music playing and it was kind of distracting me.

I found myself walking towards the stairs, my hands grubbing the railing as I climbed up them. It was really hard to walk, why was I climbing the stairs?