entangled in joseon; part twenty

"down!"

taehyung yelled, panting heavily as soon as the opposing guards surrendered, with everybody kneeling down the ground while being held captive by the villagers and royal guards.

"i'm tired."

wheein slouched down the ground, catching her breath as soon as the war ended, watching how the villagers were putting the fires off, with the citizens rummaging around the opened palace.

for once, the commoners have caught a glimpse of the palace. yet to their dismay, the state of the royal place is currently bloody and chaotic.

the royal people were hiding inside their villages, while the opposing guards were kneeling down, arms in their backs while waiting for the official defeat from the great grand queen.

taehyung panted softly, yelling.

"i want you to keep your eyes all over the guards, we need to ensure the king's safety with the royal family." he announces, drawing his sword back as the royal guards followed his orders, seeing him off.

wheein then pauses, standing up to chase royal guard kim, leaving the others behind.

to their surprise, they saw joohyun running around the corner, gasping when their eyes met.

"first princess!" taehyung yells, as the two of them rushes to the royal being, hearing her.

"where is the royal seal?" she asks, as wheein blinks in reply, muttering.

"where is lord kim?"

"i have decided to fetch you and ask for your help, for he's feuding with prince jung by now and the others guards are with him." joohyun trails-off, backing off as their eyes went wide, sprinting off into the village of incident.

"i will be the one facing them, go find the king and the second princess!" taehyung commanded the two, pushing them off as he sees seokjin fighting hoseok and the rest.

"YAH!" taehyung yells, grabbing his sword's handle, grabbing their attention before clinking his swords with another guard, as hoseok laughs hysterically, fighting with seokjin.

"KILL THEM!" hoseok screams, pushing seokjin with all his might before he felt the force of lord kim opposing him, pushing him back as he heard him.

"give it up." seokjin taunted, holding tight into his sword as hoseok squinted his eyes, whispering back.

"i have the royal seal, and you will never move forward if it's with me." he tells him, pushing him away, about to stab him forward in the chest as soon as he fell off the ground, only to he pushed back with seokjin's kick over the abdomen, fighting back.

"your guards have given up- the win is ours!" taehyung yelled intently, only to hiss when he gets a cut on the arm, falling off the ground before some of the royal guards have entered the place, helping them up.

"it will only end with my corpse lying on the muddy ground!" hoseok bit back, as their feud continues.

while on-going, joohyun kept on searching for the others, only for joohyun's eyes to grow wide, seeing the king and second princess.

"my daughter!" the king yelled, rushing towards her, as joohyun whispers.

"... father, my sister!" she rushes towards them, impulsively hugging the two as the king sighs heavily, whispering.

"precious heavens, you are safe." he embraced her tight, kissing her temple as byulyi sighs out of relief, squeezing her eyes shut, thankful that her sister came out alive.