short drabble: the theory of byulyi's phase

short drabble: wherein the egg yolk squad has a narration of byulyi's weird season.
genre; romance, fluff, slight comedy

♡♡♡

welcome back, kim seokjinnie!!! 🥹
(hides all the jaebyul breakdown i had)

♡♡♡

"i don't think so?"

byulyi lets out a chuckle, reading through the setlist- turning to her manager. "unnie, we could put this first above." she gestures, scrolling on her phone, seeing her manager nod and chuckle- collaborating with her.

"wah, unnie is so busy."

seulgi, from red velvet, commented. she has her arms crossed, watching byulyi talk to her manager while they were in the backstage for hyojung's musical. 

it was always the same byulyi that never faltered.

not even once in their career.

byulyi was always like this.

always the reliable one- independent and safe place for everyone. her members in mamamoo had always testified that byulyi would always be the group's pillar and safe space- that she's one of the reasons why it never fails to stay intact.

seulgi knew it well, she could see it.

she has been friends with byulyi for such a long time and there's no doubt that the woman was consistently keeping everything together all by herself, even if it includes the things that she could actively get away from- she'd always be attentive.

so it was no longer a surprise during those times that byulyi wouldn't even entertain some of the people that tries to get away with her goals all along. she is laser focused on her deeds and she knew that no one could ever take that away.

back then, when she had these conversations with byulyi about dating or sharing a life with someone- byulyi would always see it in a negative light.

she didn't want to be an air-head about those stuff again, and finding someone she could succumb into and not have an ego-battle upon chasing new things would be hard.

but seulgi guesses at this time-

maybe she found someone?

it was just a fun speculation she had during the years before someone's enlistment- and that was considered a fun time all along, and it was not just her noticing it but-

"oh, right."

naeun whispers, folding her table napkin diligently, talking to seulgi and hyojung while waiting for byulyi to arrive.

and it's already halfway july.

"i mean it's rare to see byulie-unnie be an air-head, she's really active and alert all along." hyojung giggles softly, mixing her frappe with a straw. "i haven't seen her much of that." naeun testifies, as seulgi chuckles.

"i rarely do, but it's amusing to see because unnie is always reliable." she says, as hyojung chuckled. "one time, i'm having a hard time sorting out stuff- she drove over my house even if it's midnight to help me out." she says.

"unnie is so reliable that i wonder if she has seventy hours on her day."

the three of them chuckles.

"she's amazing, i never see her crumbling down or even getting lost in trance." hyojung added. "i sometimes do, though."

seulgi was about to speak once more, only for their phones to light up- indicating that someone left a message in their group.