Chapter 28

Elsewhere)

Itako could only peek from the corner watching her Grandpa talking to a stranger as she ease dropped their conversation.

Turns out that her grandpa is talking to a very old woman wearing traditional priestess robes holding a sacred bow and arrow.

"Yes... K-san.. i fear that Hachishaku-sama has returned..." She heard her Grandpa say in a grim tone.

"What will you do? now that she has returned and is no doubt killing innocent children" Spoke K-san looking at Itako's grandpa.

"I don't know... i can't seal her away by myself in my current age... i will need the help of a seals master to help me seal her away" He said grimly blowing his pipe.

"We need help to stop Hachishaku-sama... before she kills more innocent children... or do something worse..." He said looking at K-san.

"I'll gather what priests and priestess i can from my village and temple.. to assist you I'll contact my sister she's a soothsayer she might give us a vision on Hachishaku-sama's whereabouts" K-san spoke in her elderly tone.

"Yes... we must act now... we must stop Hachishaku-sama... i fear she will do something much terrible in the future aside from killing children" He said blowing his pipe looking grim.

"Is Hachishaku-sama that dangerous?" Thought Itako.

( Meanwhile in Uzushiogakure)

"How!? how is this possible!?" Pain demanded looking at Hachishaku-sama who grinned evilly.

"Didn't i tell you? i absorbed Zetsu... i have his chakra.. including black Zetsu's chakra guess you could say he left me some new perks after i devoured him" Hachishaku-sama explained with her Rinnegan pulsing with intense chakra.

"Enough! Shinra Tensei!" He blasted a blast of gravity at her only for her to redirect it back at him as The Asura Path attempted to fire a chakra blast from its arm cannon only for Naruto to flash step cutting down the Asura path horizontal slash.

The Naraka Path and Animal Path were going to intercept but were surrounded by a ring of fire by Naruto using his Ryujin Jakka before making the fire ring small for them as the two leaped out the ring but didn't have enough time to evade a Arc slash of fire from Naruto's sword as they were both burned to ashes.

Konan was going to help but stopped as she thought it through.. she knew she wasn't going to leave here alive.. she wasn't sure if Itachi is alive.. but she took a glance at pain then took a glance at Hachishaku-sama. Even if they managed to capture the Kyuubi Jinchuriki Hell would break loose once Hachishaku-sama goes after them until they die, Besides Nagato isn't the same as before.. this way of peace wasn't like how Yahiko wanted.

She has made up her mind as she took a glance at her former friend.

"Forgive me Nagato.. i can't follow you no longer not in this path... i can't follow you and the Akatsuki.." Were her thoughts.

Pain narrowed his Rinnegan at The kyuubi Jinchuriki as he was going to use his Bansho Tenin to grab him but unfortunately he had been stabbed by the back of the head from a Paper Kunai killing him, Shocking many while the other paths were quickly killed by both Taeko and Kayako.

Hachishaku-sama stared at Konan with interest with slight surprise that she betrayed her partner.

Even Naruto was shocked that she saved him.

"Why'd you save me?" He asked coming towards her as she discarded her Akatsuki cloak.

She stayed silent not sure how to answer him until she and him turned around hearing the bushes rustle revealing the Yokai Generals with a captured Itachi Uchiha apprehended.

Zabuza appeared aside Hachishaku-sama.

"Mistress.. forgive us for not stopping all of the Akatsuki members but we managed to capture Uchiha Itachi..." He reported seeing her Frown.

"Any survivors?" She asked

"I believe Sasori of the red sands is still alive... i sent Uzu-Samurai after him" He said flinching at her haunted stare.

"We will worry about that later.." She said turning towards the Konoha group.

"I believe you Konoha shinobi has overstayed your welcome, Sadako if you please?" She said with her daughter nodding who raised her hands generating a black ring under the whole Konoha team as they fell in the dark ring, She closed it while Naruto looked worried.

"Don't worry Naru-kun.. they're not dead.. Sadako-chan sent them back to their village... right now we have other matters to worry about" She said turning towards Konan and Itachi who surrendered themselves.

"As for you two... explain?" She said glaring at them as they both sweated under her gaze.

To be Continued