Chapter 12

14 days have passed, but he was still in coma, I was restless just been there waiting for him, nothing else was worth for me, I realized how much meaningless I was without this guy, his name was something engraved in my heart. The past year, each day I used to remember him, miss him and curse him, but now that agony has become guilt, suffocating me everyday, which I can't escape anyhow, no matter how much I try, a fear was stuck inside, that didn't let me breathe peacefully.

"Pete, I need to talk to you about something, can you come out?" Porsche said in a serious tone.

I left Vegas's side hesitatingly, I rarely left him alone, Noi came inside until I was gone, I followed Porsche into the main hall, Kinn was on the couch, doing something on the laptop.

"What is it?"

"Looks like you have came in contact with the bastard who did this."

"What?"

"This guy, do you know him?"

"His face is completely covered.....Wait, he...ahhh.... I have....The building!...he bumped into me when I was going home and didn't even apologized. I even told him but he replied harshly and went away."

"This was the guy, if you noticed anything about him in peculiar, let us now, okay?"

" I will try, you should have told sooner by the way."

" You had a cap on too here, we searched for this guy and turned out it was you." 

" I felt strange there, he was covered head to toe, but what exactly was strange...." 

" Try thinking hard about it okay but not too much, you are stressing much these days, I know things are on edge but being like this, not eating and sleeping will be making you worse, he will get angry on us if he finds out how you were like this."

" How can I, it was all because of me, I am the one to blame, but still I kept blaming everything on him and if he doesn't wake up, I will never be able to forgive myself, my soul will strangle me up."

"No, pete.....don't be like that...."He tried to console me but words has left their effect on me, only his well being is what I wish for. I left them and went back to his room, he was there lying like that.

"I'm in my bed

And you're not here

And there's no one to blame
But the drink in my wandering hands

Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back
I can't unpack the baggage you left

What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

You said you care
And you missed me too
And I'm well aware I write too many songs about you
And the coffee's out
At the Beachwood Cafe
And it kills me 'cause I know we've run out of things we can say

What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

And I get the feeling that you'll never need me again

What am I now? What am I now?
What if you're someone I just want around
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling......" 

I sang it for him, he was still like that, I used to talk to him everyday, and sing for him, that's what has kept me going, and its almost over now, each passing day I was losing hope that he will ever wake up. The next week was also a ride of emotions, I didn't even budge a second now, sleeping near his feet and dreaming as if he woke up but burst into tears as it was just a dream. It was Yul's second death anniversary, I was alone visiting his grave, which is by now covered by grasses and flowers around, I placed the flowers and wished.

"Hey Yul, I know I had been alone again, the guy you asked to take care and protect me is himself in critical phase, I know you  are up there watching us, can't you let the God know that we have suffered enough now, shouldn't he give us some break?" 

TWO DAYS LATER

It was my birthday today, the day I never liked, my mother died on that day, Yul died two days before and now Vegas is also not stable, I just treat it as a normal fucking day. I woke up and had a bath, got changed and went inside, only to see him like that. The whole day spent like that and it was getting dark by now.

I was holding his hand, stroking the upper hand with my thumb, and just lost in my thoughts, then I felt something strange, his hand grabbed mine more lively, I was shocked, but he was still expressionless with his eyes closed, was it my imagination?

"Vegas...are you listening? You are listening right? Reply to me...."But he didn't said anything, nor does any movement occur, my heart sank with whatever hope it had.

" Its enough now, I am very sick of all this, please...I beg you....wake up now...I have been yearning for you...." Tears fall down as I cried harder, and the grip on my hand became stronger, his thumb was moving, I looked up to him, he was awake....

"VEGAS....YOU....DOCTOR...."I rushed out, it was as if it was all a dream, the doctor examined him and it took him like eternity, after waiting for so long, I couldn't wait a minute more, Porsche and Kinn came too, they were also beside me but my whole attention was on him. The moment he agreed to let us go inside, I sped up, and reached to him, I stopped midway when I saw him sitting up, looking at me, I was barely anymore bothered by anything or anyone.

"PETE..." The name I was dying to hear from him, with heavy steps, I went towards him, I touched his face, to see if it was all real or just a dream again. 

"Why are you crying, huh? I am okay now, and with you."

" Why do you took so much time? Do you know how scared I was? I thought.....I thought...I will lose you forever..." I kissed his hands and hid my face in them, I cried until he tried to hug me, I was just thanking the heavens, to hear my pleadings. 

To be continued....