Two Boys and a Baby

Lincoln wakes up

Lincoln:Ah, Sunday mornings. My homework's done, my chores are complete, and I'm looking forward to a whole day of freedom!

He gets out of bed and starts dancing with joy.

Rita:RISE AND SHINE, KIDS! WE'RE GOING TO AUNT RUTH'S TODAY!

Her news causes Lincoln to stop dancing.

Rita:YAY!

Lincoln:Aunt Ruth's? Today? NOOOOOO!!Visits to Mom's aunt are torture.

Flashback

Lincoln:She makes us look at a million pictures of her cats.

Ruth:Here's Mittens in Egypt. We were going to visit the pyramids, but Mittens hates the heat.Don't you, baby?

Flashback

They were eating something questionable.

Lincoln:She feeds us gross food.

Lori:Ew. When was this pudding made?

Lisa:Seeing as this flag on the label only has 48 stars...

Flashback

Lincoln was cleaning out the cats' litter box.

Lincoln:And she always singles me out to do special chores.

Ruth:And when you're done scooping, you can start rubbing these bunions. Don't forget my extra toe!

A sixth toe protrudes from her left foot.Lincoln cringes in disgust.

Lana:Lucky.

Lincoln:The only Louds who get to skip out on Aunt Ruth's are Lily and Dad

Lily pulls on one of Ruth's cats' tails.

Lincoln:Aunt Ruth doesn't trust Lily around her cats. So Dad stays home and babysits her. Lucky.Wait. Maybe I could be lucky, too!So, I thought this time, why don't I babysit Lily so Dad can see Aunt Ruth for a change?

Lynn Sr. coughs in shock at the thought.

Lynn Sr:Well now son, I couldn't deprive you of your time with your aunt. And-and-and I'm not sure you're really ready to take care of Lily. Right? Right?

Lincoln:But I've learned a ton about babysitting from Lori and Leni. Not to mention the real pros: you guys.

Rita:He's got a point, honey. And talk about a win-win. You'll get to spend the whole day with Ruthie!

Lynn Sr. drops his coffee mug in despair.

Rita:Now, all you'll need to do is feed her, change her, and then put her down for a nap.

Lynn Sr. and the girls await the inevitable with Ruth.

Lynn Sr:If I have to see that extra toe, so help me...

Lori:Lucky...

Lincoln:It's not luck. It's strategy. Have a great day!

Lori sighs and heads to the car. Lincoln closes the door and plays with Lily. Just then, Clyde contacts him as Lincoln takes out his walkie-talkie.

Clyde:Come in, Lincoln! It's Clyde. Are we hanging out today?

Lincoln:I'd love to, buddy, but I'm babysitting Lily and you probably don't want to-

Clyde:Are you kidding? I'm great with babies. I'll be right over.And out. Over and out.

Clyde has come over and is making funny faces to Lily, which she likes. Lincoln checks the list.