Novel Idea

Lynn Sr:C'mon, girls, it's time for Take Your Daughter To Work Day!

All his daughters stampede down the stairs.

Girls:Yay!

Lincoln strolls by elegantly, wearing a lavish girly outfit.

Lincoln:As another one of your daughters, I too cannot wait for this day.

Lynn Sr. traps Lincoln with his hand as Lincoln is about to exit the doorway.

Lynn Sr:Hold it right there.

Lincoln:What's wrong, Daddy?

Lynn Sr:Nice try Lincoln, but it's Take Your Daughter To Work Day.

Lincoln takes off wig, disappointed.

Lincoln:Come on, Dad. Every year, they get to go with you to work and have an awesome time, and I get stuck at home.

Lynn Sr:Sorry, pal. Besides, my office isn't that awesome.

Luna:Hurry, Pops! We don't wanna miss the doughnut cannon!

Lynn Sr:I'll bring you back a jelly-filled!

He heads to the car.The girls cheer and the van heads off for the office.

Rita:You know, it's not fair that you should have to miss out on Take Your Daughter To Work Day.

Lincoln:Really?

He puts wig back on and applies lipstick.

Rita:Yep. So I'm officially making today Take Your Son To Work Day. You're coming with me.

Lincoln:Wait. To the dentist's office? I don't know, Mom.

Rita:Hey, come on. I know it's not as exciting as Dad's office, but you're Lincoln Loud. You can make anything fun.

Lincoln:Well, I guess that's true. Okay. I'm in.

He goes off in his lavish girly disguise.

Mr. Grouse:Nice dress, Loud!

Lincoln comes to a screeching halt.He coughs

Lincoln:Right after I change.

He goes to change.

The dentist's office,where some patients requiring varying levels of dental care are waiting. Dr. Feinstein's patient Tara comes out after having a really bad tooth taken out.

Dr. Feinstein:Okay, Tara, the pain will go away in a few days. In the meantime, here's a lollipop.

He gives Tara a lollipop and turns to his assistant, Lincoln's mother.

Dr. Feinstein:Good morning, Rita.

Rita:Good morning, Dr. Feinstein. You remember my son, Lincoln?

Dr. Feinstein:Sure I do. Let's see how those permanent teeth are coming in. Open.

He pulls Lincoln's nose and opens his mouth; sees some plaque building up.

Dr. Feinstein:Mm-hm. Have you been flossing?

Lincoln:Uh-huh. Every night.

Dr. Feinstein:Sure you have.

He goes back into his office.A vacant office.

Rita:Okay, Lincoln, while I'm working, you can hang out in here and read comics.

She hands Lincoln some dental comics.
Lincoln looks excited and then disappointed.