Chapter 39

Today is finally the day. Jonah and I are finally getting married. I'm so excited, but really nervous at the same time.

As I pace back and forth in the room, Adaline walks in and smiles at me. "You look really handsome, and so does your husband."

I smile. "Thanks, but he's not my husband yet."

She just giggles.

As she helps me get ready and makes sure that I'm all set for the big day, she fixes my tie and smiles.

"You know," she says, smiling like a fool, "I totally knew this day would happen since you both first met. And you can thank me for pushing you in the right direction."

I laugh. "Thank you, sis. I'm so thankful you found an amazing guy for me and I could never thank you enough. You know, I really appreciate you as my sister. Most siblings hate one another, but I truly do love you, sis."

She smiles with a tear slowly falling down her cheek. I wipe the tear away and smile.

"I love you, too, Alex."

* * *

My heart starts pounding when the music starts playing and I see Jonah walking down the aisle. I know that this is a weird wedding, seeing that it's two guys getting married. We wanted a traditional wedding, and I also wanted to see him walk down the aisle. He sure does look handsome as hell. I've loved Jonah since the first time we went into the tree house. I knew at that very moment I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. He is my everything; my life support. Jonah and Caleb have both left an impact on my life and I cannot thank them enough for being the two most amazing men in my entire life. They made me who I am today and I will never be able to show them just how much I love them.

When Jonah finally walks down the aisle, we look in each other's eyes and smile like two fools.

"You look amazing." He says, smiling.

"Speak for yourself." I retort back.

And at that, the wedding begins.

* * *

As Jonah finishes his wedding vows, I wipe away the tears and smile like a love-sick fool. He truly is amazing.

"Now, Alex, it's your turn to read your vows." The celebrant guy who is at least in his seventies says to me.

I take a hold of Jonah's hand and smile. With the other hand, I pull out the piece of paper with my vows on them and start to speak.

"Jonah, you are my lover, life support, my rock, and my safe haven. Ever since I met you, I really couldn't keep my eyes off of you. As time grew and we got closer, my heart pounded against my rib cage, telling me that I was utterly in love with you. I wanted you and only you. From our first kiss to our first date, my life began to take a turn for the better. And I have to thank you for that. I have so many memories of the two of us—even memories with Caleb—that will forever be embedded in my mind. You have been my best friend, mentor, playmate, confidant and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible. You have made me a better person, as our love for one another is reflected in the way I live my life. So I am truly blessed to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life together. On this very day, I give you my heart and my promise that I will walk with you, hand in hand, wherever our journey leads us. Living, learning, loving. Together. . . forever." At that, Jonah is sobbing uncontrollably and I reach over and wipe his tears of joy away. I truly do love this man to death.

"I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom."

I lean over and kiss him, passionately at first, but also fiercely. I want him to know that this is not only the beginning of our love. We have years left to go through life together. And another good thing is that we have Caleb in our lives, too.

Everyone in the audience claps and cheers, making us both smile as we kiss one another.

This is just the beginning.