Chapter 40

THREE MONTHS LATER

Since the wedding, our life has all together gotten so much better. We are super close and our family is stronger than ever. The marriage has really tied us together. We are inseparable.

"I love you." Jonah says to me, smiling like a fool.

"I love you, too, Jonah." I smile, then kiss him.

Caleb is soundlessly sleeping on the couch and has been for close to an hour now. He is so adorable when he sleeps, even him snoring is adorable.

As I cook supper, Jonah wraps his arms around my waist and holds me close. His face is in the crook of my neck and I can't help but giggle at the tickle of his beard.

"It really smells amazing." I can feel the vibration of his voice on my neck.

"Why thank you." I say, smiling.

As I do everything that I have to do, Jonah holds onto me tightly, just like a little kid. Then, out of nowhere, he squeezes my butt.

"Well, hello there." I say, jumping a little.

He giggles, then kisses my neck. "Hello, beautiful."

* * *

When dinner is finally ready, I have to wake Caleb up so he can eat.

"Wake up, bubba." I say, holding him close as he whimpers and rubs the sleep out of his eyes.

"Food?" he asks me.

"Yes, food." I say, smiling.

He gives me one of his charming smiles and hugs me tight.

We all sit around the table and eat. Caleb sits silently, scarfing down his food fast and giggling every time he misses his mouth.

This is my life. This is my world. I would never change one thing about any of this, nor would I change the two people living with me. I want this forever and always.

You see, life isn't always bad. It gets better. It really does; however, things may slide a little off of the tracks, but you have to just breathe and let things slip right back on track.

That's what life is all about: just breathing. If you don't breathe, you'll die. Things may not always go your way, but they will somewhat go the way you want it to. Don't ever let the bad times ruin your life. The good times should always overcome the bad. They should remind you that life will not always be horrible. You'll have the good, the bad, and the ugly, but things will soon return back to the good.

I grab a hold of Jonah's hand and hold it. "You mean the world to me."

"You are my world." Jonah says back to me.

"I love you, daddy and dada!" Caleb joins in, and we both smile at him.

"We love you, too, Caleb." We say at the same time.

I lean in and kiss Jonah, then lean over to kiss Caleb on his messy cheek.

This is my life, and the ride has just begun.

*******************************************************

This is it, guys! This is the end of Just Breathe. I hope you enjoyed the book as much as I loved writing it. I loved this story a lot, and I'm sad that it has to end, but all good things come to an end.

Don't forget to vote for it, comment, and share with everyone. Your support means the world to me.

I love you all so, so much. <3

-Chris.