Chapter 13

Tonight is the night Alex and I are sleeping in the tree house. We got it all set up with what we all needed and we brought a cooler so we had cold drinks.

When nine o'clock came around, I walked out my front door and saw Alex sitting on the porch steps.

"Hello, babe!" He said, walking up to me to hug me.

"Hello. You ready for tonight?"

He smiles at me. "Of course I am."

We walk over to the tree house and climb up in to it.

"It looks beautiful." I said.

"We did a pretty good job." He looked at me.

We sat down on the comforters that we had set on the floor. We had tons of pillows all around and we had some to support our backs against the wall.

We sat there talking about a whole bunch of different things, like school and how it was about to end.

"I'm so excited, but nervous for next year." I said.

"We are going to be seniors!"

"It's so scary, because we have to know what college we want to go to, if we want to go to college. We have to figure out our lives pretty much and make the best of it."

"It is scary." Alex said, looking at me.

I kissed him and he kissed me back.

We sat there for a minute in silence.

"Want to play a game?" I asked.

"Sure! What game?"

"Two truths, one lie."

He smirked. "Alright. Who goes first?"

"You." I said, sitting up straighter.

"Okay," he said, rubbing his hands together. "I used to play basketball in middle school, my real name is Jose, and I hate chicken."

I sat there for a minute, thinking. "I know you love chicken, so that's true. I would say the lie is your name is Jose."

"Nope. That's true."

"What?!" I said, confused.

"My real name is Jose. But as I got older, I asked my parents if I could change it to Alex."

"Why though?"

"I didn't like the name Jose." He looked down.

"Okay. My turn."

He sat up straighter, looking at me.

"I never had a boyfriend, I am a complete nerd when it comes to reading, and I love turkey."

He laughed for a minute. "I would say the lie is that you love turkey."

I giggled. "Nope, I never had a boyfriend before you."

"No, that can't be. A sweet heart like you never had a boyfriend?"

I looked down, blushing. "You're my first for everything."

He smiled. "I'm glad. You were my first time."

"Really?" I said, looking surprised.

"Yes. It's true."

I kissed him. Hard. He kissed me back.

"I love you, Jonah." Alex said truthfully. I saw the truth in his eyes. His eyes shined like a beautiful star on a dark night.

"I love you too, darling."

We laid down and rested our heads on our pillows. I looked in his eyes and he smiled. I smiled a dorky smile.