Chapter 18

Our vacation was slowly becoming to an end and it really sucked. I loved it in New York City.

For our last couple days, we decided to visit the Statue of Liberty, go shopping some more to have some things for when we get back home and most importantly take pictures of us all.

"I can't believe our vacation time is almost over." Adeline said, looking at all of us.

"I know." I said. "It's saddening."

Bryce gave a sad face.

Jonah looked at me and gave a disappointed look.

I leaned over and kissed him.

Jonah's phone beeped in the other room. He got up and went to check it.

"Hello?" I heard him say.

He was quiet for a minute, listening to the person on the other line.

"I can't do anything or see you, I'm in New York."

He was quiet once again.

I then tuned out for the rest of the conversation, and just sat there in silence.

"We have to do something." Bryce said. "We can't spend our last few days here being sad."

Adeline nodded her head in agreement. "We do."

We sat there thinking about what we can do.

"Why don't we go to Time Square once again. Have a little fun." Bryce suggested.

"It sounds like fun." Jonah walked in the room.

"Who was you talking to?" I asked.

"Oh, no one. Just family."

"Oh."

Later that day, we were walking around Time Square, going to every shop there was.

After a couple hours of shopping, we finally decided to grab a bite to eat. We sat down at the table in McDonalds and began eating our food. We are in silence the whole time. The whole leaving thing soon left us in bummer moods.

A little while later, Adeline and Bryce fell asleep. Jonah and I laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Can I ask you something?" he looked over at me with a straight face.

"Go ahead, babe."

He sat there in silence for a minute. "You remember what happened to us awhile back? The decision thing."

My heart began to thump. I started to become nervous. "Yeah. What about it?"

"I never made a decision." he said, looking in my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I said, confused.

"She doesn't know about you. I tried breaking up with her, but every time I brought it up, she would leave."

I felt tears come to my eyes and my heart start to pound. A tear fell from my eyes, rolling down my cheek.

He wiped it away. "I'm sorry, babe."

"So what are you going to do?" I ask him.

"I want you and only you." he kissed me.

I sat there in silence.

He then began to talk again.

"When we get back home tomorrow, I'll break up with her. I promise. You can be there with me."

I nodded my head and rested it on his chest. He cuddled me and held me tight.

That night, I fell asleep with a half-broken heart. Not knowing what is going to happen tomorrow when we get back home.