Chapter 6: Accusation

Every word that came out of Isobel's mouth seemed weird to Elena. The more Isobel talked, the more Elena just wanted to drive a wooden stake through her heart. She felt in danger when being around Isobel. Both Stefan and Damon looked at Elena with smiles, hoping that Elena would try to resist her urges.

"So, tell me a little about yourself?" Isobel spoke up, Elena not sure what to say.

"I- I, uh, I'm in my second last year of high-school." Elena thought that talking about school might dampen her urge to kill Isobel.

"Wow. I'm so proud of you. You know, not many mothers have real appreciation for their children being close to graduating." Isobel spoke, confusing Stefan, Elena and Damon.

"What do you mean by that?" Elena responded, hoping that maybe Isobel misspoke.

"Oh, I just mean that mothers often care about their child being so close to the end, but that appreciation fades after a while." Isobel was stumbling on her words.

"No, that's not what you meant." Damon spoke up, Stefan having to stop him from saying anything else.

"What else would I mean?" Isobel questioned Damon, who wanted to say more, but knew that Elena would hate him.

"Nothing." Damon sipped his whiskey before leaving the room.

"Anyway. Do you have any children of your own?" Elena asked Isobel, who smiled.

"Not any that are still with me. They've either grown up and moved out...or they didn't make it." Isobel looked away.

"Would you excuse me? I need to use the bathroom." Isobel stood up.

Showing Isobel to the bathroom, Elena walked away. She only made it so far before stopping, hearing a woman's voice, Isobel's. Getting somewhere hidden, Elena allowed herself to listen to Isobel.

"What was I supposed to say? "Hi Elena. I'm a vampire and I'm your real mother. I gave you up at birth, before I became a vampire and have just come back into town." Yeah. That sounds like a real conversation starter." Isobel spoke, clearly angry with whoever she was talking to.

Running off, Elena only got so far before Damon stopped her, confused.

"Now, where are you going? I'm pretty sure your evening with Isobel isn't yet over." Damon tilted his head.

"I need some air. Worst case scenario, I feed on a deer." Elena growled.

"Oh no you're not. You leave this house and come back in, your powers won't work. You're staying here and telling me what's wrong before Isobel comes back." Damon held Elena's arm.

"She's my real mother, Damon. I heard her on the phone in the bathroom." Elena revealed, Damon not sure how to respond.

"Even if that's true, you're going to sit down and let Isobel explain. Sit." Damon looked into Elena's eyes, waiting for her to obey, which she did.

Sitting down, Elena hesitantly took a sip from a bag of blood before stashing it away, making sure that Isobel didn't see.

When Isobel did return, she asked the men to leave, wanting a true conversation with Elena.

"You know, you remind me of a woman I once knew..." Isobel smiled.

"Katherine." Elena knew who Isobel was referring to.

"Ah, they've told you about Katherine. It would've been stupid for them not to." Isobel leaned back, sipping a drink she had poured before.

"I know that Katherine looks like me. And from what Damon and Stefan have said about her, I'm lucky to have never met her." Elena smiled, wishing that this coversation was over.

"You know, you and Katherine share a lot more than just your looks." Isobel smirked.

"How so?" Elena asked, more interested than she thought.

"Like you, Katherine had a fascination with both Salvatore brothers. She loved one but still had feelings for the other. I guess that you've been feeling the same? I mean, it's been a few years since you met the brothers...right?" Isobel smiled.

"I don't know what you mean." Elena leaned back, not wanting to know any more.

"Don't play stupid with me, Elena. You and Stefan, yes you're together and happily in love, but deep down, you've got feelings for Damon. I mean, I wouldn't blame you. Damon stays by your side and does whatever you want him to not because you're Stefan's girlfriend, but because he has feelings for you. You and Damon share the same feelings, but you're not willing to let them out because you still love Stefan and you don't want to hurt him." Isobel smirked even more.

Maybe she was right. Maybe Elena did share feelings with Damon, but she wasn't going to admit it, not when she was still with Stefan.

"You're wrong, Isobel. I love Stefan and only Stefan. I have no feelings for Damon." Elena hissed.

"Don't deny it, Elena. We both know that I am right." Isobel stood up, feeling the anger radiating off Elena.

"Please leave." Elena spoke, feeling upset by Isobel's accusation.

"Just admit it Elena." Isobel pushed Elena one step too far. Instead of stabbing her in the heart with a wooden stake, or showing Isobel that she was a vampire, Elena remained calm and got closer to Isobel.

"Leave." Elena hissed, watching as Isobel stood back, clearly not wanting to start any unwanted drama, although that had already been done.

"You want me to leave? Fine, I'll leave. But please, don't deny it Elena." Isobel smiled before walking out the front door, shutting it behind her.

"I'm heading home and going to bed." Elena sighed. She gave Stefan a kiss on the cheek and she looked at Damon with confusion before walking out the front door, getting back home before Jenna started to get worried.