Chapter 13: Admission

Stefan needed to tell Elena the truth. The more she knew, the more she would understand. Damon, on the other hand, might've objected this and gotten angry.

"You ready?" Caroline asked, seeming more nervous than Stefan.

"The longer we hold off, the worse this is going to get..." Stefan groaned.

Sitting in Elena's living-room, Caroline agreed to keep Elena happy, just until the conversation started.

"Jeremy is at work and Jenna is out with Mr Saltzman." Elena smiled, happier than usual.

"Okay, something is definitely going on here. Spill." Damon was restless. He hated conversations that started with everyone sitting around a table.

"You and Elena are bound by the sire bond." Stefan knew that there was no point beating around the bush. Damon seemed shocked by this accusation.

"The sire bond? Really Stefan? Are you so insecure that you're making up a lie?" Damon knew this was probably true, but he didn't want to satisfy Stefan.

"It's not a lie, Damon." Caroline helped Stefan, knowing Damon's antics.

"Can someone explain the sire bond?" Elena was confused.

"Stefan is basically saying that because I turned you, you're now connected to me in a way that you will do anything that I tell you to." Damon summarised what everyone but Elena knew.

"There's more, isn't there Damon." Caroline rolled her eyes at Damon.

"More?" Elena looked between Damon and Stefan.

"You and Damon wouldn't be bound by the sire bond if you didn't have feelings for Damon before he turned you. Vampirism heightens your feelings." Stefan revealed, making Elena feel sick.

"Stefan, if you think that I like Damon, I don't have feelings for him. Only you." Elena smiled, trying to convince herself.

"How can I believe you, Elena? The only way the sire bond bounds two people is by existing feelings before the human person has been turned." Stefan didn't like that Elena was trying to get herself out of this.

"Oh, so this is all my fault now? If I did have feelings for Damon, they're long gone." Elena stood up, feeling targeted. Maybe Damon was to blame as well. He had been flirting with Elena for weeks before he turned her and he wasn't admitting that. Elena looked at Damon, now extremely pissed off.

"Are you going to tell him?" Elena looked at Damon, who stayed quiet.

"Tell me what?" Stefan was confused by the sudden change in pace.

"Tell him." Elena pulled Damon off the couch, her hands gripped to the collar of his shirt. She could feel the veins appear underneath her eyes.

"Tell Stefan how you acted towards me weeks before you turned me." Elena threatened before Damon threw his hands up in defeat. Elena let him go, trying to calm herself down.

"A few weeks before I turned Elena, I tried to...make a move, admit feelings that I had. She denied me multiple times." Damon hated admitting this. He hated admitting to his brother that he had a crush on his girlfriend.

"See, Stefan? He made multiple moves and I denied him every single time. Maybe I did have feelings for him, but at least I never acted on them. I was always thinking about you and your feelings. Don't you ever forget that." Elena snapped, heading upstairs to her room.

Caroline, Damon and Stefan could hear the bedroom door slam shut.

"You two better go. I'll stay here and make sure she doesn't do anything." Caroline smiled at the brothers before letting them leave.

Watching as the brothers got into Damon's car, Caroline made her way upstairs, getting to Elena's door.

"Elena, can you open up please? Stefan and Damon are gone. It's just me." Caroline asked, not hearing anything. Worried, Caroline opened the door to see Elena's bedroom window wide open.

Panicking, Caroline messaged Stefan.

Caroline: She's gone. Her window is wide open.

Stefan sat in the passenger seat, pissed at Damon, who stayed silent.

"How could you hit on Elena?! She's MY girlfriend." Stefan was enraged. He couldn't believe how stupid Damon could be.

"Let's hold off on the hate until we get home, that way you can throw me around as much as you'd like." Damon replied, knowing that violence would only occur when Stefan was extremely angry.

Stefan looked down at his phone as Damon spoke, his eyes widening.

Stefan: Okay. Damon and I will search the woods and surrounding areas. You focus on searching within town square.

"Elena's gone. Most likely vampire style." Stefan worriedly looked at Damon who started to look just as panicked. Racing home, they spent the next 2 hours searching for Elena, before finding her in the middle of the woods, her fangs deep inside the neck of a deer.