Chapter 5: Isobel

When Elena woke up with a sudden urge to eat, she raced down to the basement of the Boarding House, finding the compartment full of blood.

"Ah, I see you've discovered the stash." Damon laughed as he watched Elena consume an entire bag of blood.

"I-I was very hungry..." Elena smiled, blood dripping from her lips.

"No worries. Every vampire experiences that. The fact that you didn't go and try to kill someone is funny." Damon pat Elena's back as he lead her upstairs.

"Bonnie? What are you doing here?" Elena asked as she saw her best friend enter the formal living-room.

"Stefan sent for me." She smiled, giving Elena a big hug. As Elena put her head on Bonnie's shoulder, she got a sudden urge to bite, but seeing Damon in her peripheral vision stopped her from doing anything.

"What did Stefan need you for?" Elena asked, looking at a confused Bonnie.

"She is here to cast a spell. A spell on vampires." Stefan made himself known.

"Stefan, you know as well me that my power isn't enough for vampires." Bonnie objected.

"Well, luckily your spell will only be used on one vampire then. Isobel." Stefan smiled.

"Isobel? Why Isobel?" Elena was shocked.

"She requested to see you, Elena, but I only accepted if she visited based on our terms. She won't know what terms we've chosen to enact." Stefan reassured Elena, who sat down.

"Stefan, this is a stupid idea. If she requested to see Elena, that means that she has some sort of...plan up her sleeve. We can't let her manipulate Elena." Damon spoke, still acting like Elena was human.

"I know, Damon. She won't be alone. You and I will be close by. If Isobel doesn't like that, well she won't have a choice." Stefan smiled.

"So, what spell would you like me to do?" Bonnie rolled her eyes.

"You see the front door? I want it to become a vampire neutraliser." Stefan spoke to Bonnie, who sighed.

"What do you mean "vampire neutraliser"? What do you think I'm capable of?" Bonnie asked, shocked.

"Any vampire that walks through the front door will lose their abilities. They won't be able to run fast, they won't be able to bite, and they won't be able to use their strength." Stefan explained.

"How long is this spell supposed to last?" Bonnie asked.

"24 hours." Stefan responded.

"Wait, will you and Damon be affected by this? I mean, you are vampires...right?" Bonnie was worried.

"Yeah, Stefan? Will we be affected by this?" Damon looked at his brother, confused.

"No. The spell will only be effective on those who walk through the front door. Any vampire who resides in the house before the spell is active will still be normal." Stefan reassured his brother and secretly Elena, who smiled.

"When shall I cast the spell?" Bonnie asked, getting her book out.

"Now." Stefan asked as Bonnie smiled, walking toward the front door with a book in her hand, and candles being spread out by Elena.

"Stand back." She spoke, allowing Elena time to move back toward Stefan and Damon, who both stood in front of her.

"Stop. This looks too suspicious." Elena whispered to Stefan and Damon, who both rolled their eyes.

"To Bonnie and the rest of Mystic Falls, you're still Elena the human. We need to keep it that way, or at least just until further notice." Stefan insisted as he watched Bonnie do her magic.

After a few minutes, Bonnie turned around.

"All done." She smiled before packing up and leaving.

"Now. All we have to do is wait." Stefan smiled.

"Blood, anyone?" Damon held up two bags of blood that he picked up from the drawer in the coffee table.

As Elena, Stefan and Damon had something to drink, they heard a knock on the door.

Opening it up, Stefan saw Isobel, letting her in.

"Lovely place you have, Mr. Salvatore." Isobel smiled as she laid eyes on Elena, who smiled slightly.

"Elena, it's lovely to meet you. I've heard so much about you." Isobel hugged Elena, who was nervous. She hoped that the spell had worked. She didn't want to have to find out, but she did hope that Bonnie had successfully stripped Isobel of her powers for a while.