Chapter 27: Family in danger

Elena was pissed. She hated the fact that she couldn't even attend her own aunt's funeral because she was a vampire. Of course, Elena watched from far away as her aunt's casket was lowered into the grave. Elena couldn't help but cry, unable to find the words.

Of course, Damon was there to comfort her. He would supply her with 3 hours worth of blood bags in order to prevent Elena from getting angry, and in turn, going on a rage killing spree.

"How could he do this? She's my aunt too." Elena cried as she sipped on the blood.

"He's just grieving Elena, and so are you." Damon held Elena in his arms.

"You know, we could get away? Maybe spend a weekend at the lake house that your parents left you?" Damon suggested, smiling.

"That actually sounds nice. It would be relaxing." Elena sighed, watching as Damon opened the second drawer of his dresser. Elena had slowly been putting clothes and other things into the drawer, as she was spending more nights in Damon's room than her own. It didn't help that Jeremy basically banned her from her own house. She could enter the house, but if Jeremy was home, he'd kick her out.

"When should we leave?" Elena asked, smiling at Damon who grabbed a duffel bag.

"How about tonight?" Damon suggested, watching as Elena searched through the drawer.

"Oh, we're bringing this." Damon smirked as he lifted a lacy one-piece lingerie.

"Damon!" Elena blushed as she grabbed the lingerie out of his hand, stuffing it back into the drawer. Without Elena noticing, Damon snuck the lingerie into the duffel bag.

Hearing a crash downstairs, Elena and Damon rushed to the living-room, scared to find Isobel standing over near the front door, Jeremy cowering. She had her arm around his neck and she looked like she was ready to take a bite.

"Isobel!" Elena screamed, Jeremy trying to remain calm.

"Well, well. Wasn't I right? How smart of me." Isobel smiled at the sight of Damon holding Elena's hand.

"Let go of him!" Elena hissed.

"Why should I?" The veins under Isobel's eyes were appearing, her fangs ready to bite.

"He's my family! He's your family!" Elena reasoned with her.

"Just because you're his cousin, doesn't mean I should care." Isobel rolled her eyes.

"Why do you want him?" Elena tried to remain calm.

"Klaus is pissed that his little ritual didn't work." Isobel laughed.

"What does that have to do with Jeremy?" Damon asked, confused.

"Well, Damon. Klaus figured that his ritual didn't work because Elena is still alive. As for Jeremy's involvement, that will remain unknown." Isobel laughed as her grip around Jeremy's neck tightened.

"Please, just let him go. He's innocent." Elena cried out, scared for Jeremy.

"Sorry Elena. I can't. Klaus' orders." Isobel smiled.

"You're working for Klaus?!" Damon and Elena were shocked.

"I'm not working for Klaus. I'm working with Klaus." Isobel corrected Damon.

Without any warning, Isobel sunk her teeth into Jeremy's neck.

"JEREMY!" Elena screamed as Isobel stopped, obviously not wanting to kill Jeremy, at least, not yet. By this time, Elena's fangs were out and the veins under her eyes were visible. She was one moment away from plunging her hand into Isobel's chest and ripping out her heart. Fortunately, Damon was holding her back, knowing that Elena would regret her actions while in vampire form later on.

"Goodbye, for now." Isobel smirked as she sped off with Jeremy.

"Why is this happening to me? First my parents, then Jenna. Now Jeremy." Elena cried as she sat down. Having heard some of the commotion, Stefan ran downstairs confused.

"What happened? Elena? Why are you crying?" Stefan asked, worried.

"Isobel took Jeremy hostage under Klaus' order." Damon spoke, knowing Elena was too upset.

"I'm going to kill Isobel, then Klaus." Elena was angry now. Her fangs were out again and her veins were back.

"Elena, no. If you try to kill either of them, you'll most likely die. Besides, Klaus is a true hybrid now. One bite from him would kill you." Damon objected to Elena's idea.

"Where is the dagger and the ash?" Elena asked, Stefan sighing.

"Where is it, Stefan?" Elena was pissed when Stefan didn't reply. Speeding over to Stefan, Elena held him against the wall, now extremely angry.

"Where is it?!" Elena asked, Stefan giving in.

"In the study." He sighed.

Going into the study, Elena searched until she found the dagger and the ash that the journal talked about.

"Elena, this is a very bad idea. At least let me and Stefan come with you." Damon held Elena's hand.

"No. I can't let you and Stefan suffer because of what I'm about to do." Elena spoke, walking away from Damon.

"What? What are you going to do?" Damon asked, nervous.

"I'm sorry." Elena gave Damon a sweet but passionate kiss before backing away from him.

"Elena, no!" Damon begged, knowing that Elena was about to turn off her humanity.

Closing her eyes, Elena took a deep breath in and out. Opening her eyes again, she had officially turned off her humanity for the first time ever.

"Elena..." Damon looked at his girlfriend, who looked the same, but was obviously different. Getting close to her, he attempted to hold her hand.

She grabbed his hand and flipped him around so that he was on the floor and she was holding his arm, one move away from breaking it.

"I wouldn't if I was you." Elena smirked before grabbing a stake from off the table, stabbing it into Damon's shoulder. Hearing him scream in pain, she smiled before speeding off, intending to kill Isobel and Klaus.