********

Dakota's POV

Steve handed me a DVD to put on the shelf as Robin updated us on her love life. "Then Vicki laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either. It was like...it was a real genuine laugh." Robin told us.

Steve scoffed. "Of course. It's my Muppet joke, it's hilarious."

She rolled her eyes. "My point is, Vicki laughed and everything was just like....it was-" she struggled to find a word.

"Perfect?" I suggested and she nodded.

"Yes, it was perfect." She said and Steve and I
shared a look.

"But..." We promoted.

"But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous and the words they just keep spilling out-" I dragged the cart of movies to another isle. "And it's like my brain, my brain is moving faster than my mouth or-or rather my mouth is moving faster than my brain and it's like I'm digging this hole for myself, and I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now aren't I?"  She turned to face me and I giggled.

"Yeah, you are."

Robin exhaled and backed up to the wall in an exaggerated manner. "I'm hopeless." She cried.

Steve chuckled and joined her as I continued placing the movies back while they talked.

One set of DVD's caught my attention and a soft smile made its way to my face as I looked at the title. The Dick Van Dyke show, one of Wanda's favorites.

A voice quickly snapped me out of my thoughts and I set the DVD on the shelf. "We're in Forest Hills trailer park in East Roane County-" I turned around to see Robin had turned the TV on. "We don't have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High School student was discovered early this morning."

"Holy shit!" I ran over to Robin and Steve.

"Police have not released the victims name although we are told they're currently in the process of notifying the family."

"Oh... those poor people." I shook my head sympathetically.

"What do you think happened?" Robin asked and Steve shrugged.

"Who knows..." He murmured and I looked back at the TV screen which had been muted.

"Where'd they say the murder was again?" I asked worriedly.

"I think it was in that trailer park in Forest Hill." Robin answered. "Why?"

I bit my lip. "Max lives there."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa..." Steve turned to me. "Let's not jump to conclusions, alright?"

"Steve they said the victim was a Hawkins High School student!" I exclaimed. "Not a lot of High Schooler's live in Forest Hill."

"I know, but there are some that do." He intertwined our hands together. "I'm sure it wasn't Max, okay? She's fine."

I bit my lip and nodded. "It wouldn't hurt to check up on her, right?" I asked and he sighed.

"If it'll make you feel better, I'll drive you over after our shift, okay?"

"I can just teleport now!"

"Dakota..." He said sternly and I sighed.

"Fine. But the minute that clock strikes 6 we're out of here."

-

"Hey, Steve!" The door to Family Video opened and Dustin walked in with a living Max behind him making me sigh in relief. "How many phones do you have?" He asked.

"Max! Are you alright?" I asked her as she came up beside Dustin and she nodded.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin repeated.

"Dude, someone was just murdered." Steve told him.

"How many phones?" He groaned.

"Two." Steve answered.

"Three if you count Keith's." Robin added.

Max nodded. "That'll work." She said before her and Dustin started climbing over the front desk.

"Whoa! What are you doing?" Steve yelled.

"My pile!" Robin exclaimed as her pick of morning movies fell.

"No, no, no, no!" Steve cried when Max pushed his tapes to the ground. "My tapes!"

"What are you-" Dustin pushed me out of my chair in front of the computer and I fell to the ground. "Dustin! What the hell?"

"Sorry." He looked over his shoulder. "It's important."

Max and Steve helped me up. "What are you doing, man?"

"We're setting up base of operations here." Max answered before looking over at me. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Base of operations?" Robin questioned.

Neither of them answered. "Will you guys just stop and answer our questions?" I asked, trying to push Dustin away from the computer but he just pushed back.

"Dustin!"

"I need it!" He whined.

"For what?" Steve put his hands on his hips.

"To find Eddie's friends phone numbers." He answered.

"Oh Eddie." Steve said with a hint of jealousy in his voice. "Your new best friend you think is cooler than me because he plays your nerdy game?"

"Yes!" Dustin said before looking at Steve with furrowed brows. "I never said that."

"Okay." I pushed Dustin back and away from the computer. "You guys can come over and play Monday but it's Saturday. It's our busiest day."

"Alright look, I totally emphasize Dakota but this can not wait until Monday." Dustin tried pushing past me again but I was still in his way.

"No." I sternly said. "Look, I'm glad you're having fun and that you-" I looked at Max. "Are finally hanging out with your friends again but-"

"Calling Eddie's friends is an emergency!" Max started for the computer but I stopped her, giving Dustin the chance to run forward and continue his work.

I threw my hands up in frustration. "Want me to strangle him or you want to do it?" Steve asked.

"We can take turns." I grinned.

"Can I strangle him too?" Robin asked.

Dustin sighed and turned to Max. "Can you fill them in while I do this?" He asked.

"Fill us in on what?" Robin demanded and Max sighed not knowing what to say while we waited expectantly.