********

Dakota's POV

Eddie slapped a newspaper down on the table and we all crowded around him. "The War Zone. I've been there once, it's huge. They got everything you need for, uh well, killing things, basically."

"Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked, looking at the newspaper picture. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is, so..." he looked at us and shrugged. "This place is just far enough
outside of Hawkins so as long as we stay clear of the main roads, we ought to be able to avoid cops, and, uh, angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone." Erica pointed out.

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons, so I think it's worth the risk." I said and Lucas nodded.

"Me too."

"Yeah, but is it worth the time?" Dustin asked us. "It'll take us all day to bike there and back."

Eddie made a face. "Who said anything about bikes?"

"You got some car we don't know about, Munson?" I asked and he stood up, a smile on his face.

"It's not exactly a car, Dakota. And it's not exactly mine but uh...it'll do." He turned to Max. "Hey, uh you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"

Max thought for a moment before nodding slowly. "Yeah, I got just the thing for you."

-

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh as Eddie poked his head out from behind Max's trailer in a Micheal Myer's mask. "C'mon..." he said. "The coast is clear."

He ran off and we all followed until we reached an old RV and Eddie opened a side window and climbed in, motioning us to do the same.

Steve and Nancy quickly joined him and I looked over to the other side of the RV where it's owners were sitting, completely unaware that a couple of teenagers were robbing their home.

"Dakota!" Wanda hissed. "Get in!"

I sighed and did as told, falling onto the couch and pushing past Dustin and Erica to get to the front where Eddie was hot wiring the vehicle.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" I asked.

"Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot wire." He moved to the side a bit to show me what he was doing. "Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon grand theft auto, so uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name."

Steve came up behind us and watched as Eddie quickly worked. "Damn..."

"Hey, uh, Eddie?" Robin joined us a worried expression on her face. "I'm not sure I feel comfortable with you driving this thing."

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington's got her." He smirked over at Steve. "Don't you big boy?"

I snorted just as the engine came on and the RV's owners noticed us. "Steve hurry!" I yelled as they started banging in the door.

"Hey! They locked the door!"

Steve got in the seat and took a deep breath. "Okay, everybody hang onto something!" He yelled.

"Steve, just drive!" Dustin yelled and Steve hit the gas pedal, quickly driving away.

"Shit, they looked pissed." Wanda said.

"Well, it's not every day you lose your house and your car in one fell swoop!" Robin exclaimed and I let out a yelp, almost falling to the ground as Steve took a sharp turn.

"You're a horrible driver Harrington!" I said, moving toward the passenger seat. "You actually suck."

"Sorry."

-

I yawned and looked over at Steve tiredly. "How are you doing?" I asked.

"Not half bad." He said and I smiled, before looking back toward the others who were in the RV.

"The kids are going to hate me if Vecna gets Max." I said quietly and Steve shook his head.

"No they're not."

"Steve-"

"Dakota you're like... you're like the mom of the group. The kids love you, I mean, the minute you showed up they were like, we're going to keep her." I laughed and Steve smiled softly. "I know this sounds stupid, but uh, I would really like to be a dad."

I smiled and Steve sighed. "Laugh all you want-"

"I'm not laughing!"

"But I actually enjoy being with the kids." He said. "They're like my kids, my family...my big family."

I bit my lip. "Am I in your big family?"

Steve looked over at me, a soft smile on his face. "Yeah."

I smiled. "So, you would like a big family one day, right?"

"Yup." He looked back at the road. "I want a full brood of Harringtons. Like, five or six kids."

"Six?"

"Yeah, six little nuggets. Three girls, three boys." He chuckled. "And every summer, I figured all of us Harringtons, we would pack into something like this and...just see the country. You know, the Rockies, the Grand Canyon, maybe Yellowstone. End up in some beachside town in California, spend a week parked in the sand, and learn to surf or something."

"That sounds nice." I told him.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, except I think a dog would be a really nice addition."

Steve laughed. "What kind?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "But maybe a big fluffy dog."

"A big fluffy dog?" Steve repeated and I nodded.

"Yeah."

A small silence fell upon us.

"Steve?"

"Yes?"

"Do you...do you still love Nancy?"

Steve's eyes flickered over to the review mirror and I held my breath, waiting for his answer.

"I don't know."