The bucket of disappointment

Gil's POV
I woke up in a panic, I jerked myself up into a sitting position, my heart pounding. I felt as if I were panicking. Those dreams... I said to myself out of breath. They just keep getting closer. I don't even know what to do.

I looked over at my clock which said 7:00, thank goodness I didn't accidentally over sleep again. I really need to get an alarm. Today was the last day of school for thanksgiving break. Well, I better get up and get dressed and make mayor dad breakfast.

A few hours later at lunch:

I was sitting with flint, Brent, and Sam again. I don't even know what's going on.. I tell them. I've never had dreams like that before. I took a bite out of my sandwich. Flint seemed to be very fascinated with my dreams. Always looking to give science a moment to shine.

So it seems to be getting worse? Flint asked. Yeah, I tell him. There's got to be a solution to this, so I'm gonna try and invent a device that helps you with those nightmares. Okay.. I replied. AND PLEASE HURRY!!! I tell him. I'm losing sleep because I'm so afraid to fall asleep.

You said you remember hearing some howling and growling? Sam asked. Yeah I said. And I see shadowy figures that look angry. Hey Gil remember when your dad transformed into a werewolf on Halloween night? Brent asked. Man that was crazy haha.

Yes I remember, and that's not the first time I've seen it happen. Woah really? Flint asked. Yep, I replied. I wonder if your nightmares have anything to do with that. Said flint. Yeah but I haven't seen him transform like that in over a year! So why would it bother me now?

How long has your dad had that ability? Asked Sam. As long as I can remember. I replied. He doesn't like talking about it, I tell them. I see, that's really interesting, Sam said. This would make a great story for cannery high news!

I looked at her with a terrified face. Yeah! That would be! Flint said. We could replace the scary sardine story with that story! The mayor of swallow falls is a werewolf! Brent said. I'm gonna go interview Shelbourne! Sam said. I'm coming! Flint said. There's gotta be some kind of scientific explanation for this! I want to study the details.

I'm coming too! Just for the fun of it! Said Brent. I looked at all of them like they were insane. Are you guys crazy?? This is my dad we're talking about! I tell them. They all got up and headed for my dads office. No wait!! Guys wait!! I ran after them.

We all went down the hall, towards my dads office. No guys wait!!! No, no, no, no...they walked in my father's office, who was counting money. Pretty typical if you ask me. What? What do you want?? Mayor dad asked, annoyed. Hello Shelbourne Sam said. Ugh.. my dad sighed heavily. What is it this time? Remember last Halloween? Sam asked.

You turned into this werewolf when the ghosts were eating your candy! Flint said. Mayor dad rolled his eyes. Yeah..What of it?? He asked. Well, Sam said, this would make a great cannery high news report! Mayor dad glared at all of them, absolutely not! Everyone can mind their own business!!! Mayor dad said sounding annoyed.

Gil! Get them out of my office! Mayor dad said. Gil? I was standing in the doorway with my head sticking in the office, looking like a scared little wimp. Really?? Mayor dad said, looking at me. He got up and started walking towards me. I let out a little shriek, and tried to runaway, but he grabbed the collar of my sweater before I could do anything.

To the bucket!!! Said mayor dad. The bucket of disappointment? I asked. Yes! The bucket, he said. I was about to walk to the bucket, but then I felt myself being lifted off the ground, I let out another little shriek. Mayor dad was holding me by the collar of my sweater.

He set me down in the bucket, in the corner of the office. Wait.. don't push! Wait! I tell him. He shoved me deep in the bucket. Now be quiet. He told me. Sam, Brent, and flint, just stared at me trying not to laugh.

Now, mayor dad said, if you 3 will leave, I am a very busy mayor! Oh common! This would make such a great story! Sam said. Yeah! Said Brent. Why don't you want to be interviewed? Sam asked. Mayor dad glared at her. Do you remember the last time I was interviewed by you? He asked.

Where you revealed my real first name? And everybody in the town laughing at me?!? It was disaster! I'm not doing that again. I don't like being interviewed and that is that. Mayor dad said. You people can mind your own business.

I wanted to ask why they wanted to interview my dad in the first place. Why do you guys- be quiet!!!! Said mayor dad glaring at me, before I could finish the question. I whimpered, curling myself up into a ball in the bucket. Mayor dad looked back at flint, Sam, and Brent. Now, I am a very busy mayor so you 3 get out!

The 3 of them walked out. And closed the door. I looked over at mayor dad sitting at his desk. Mayor dad- I said be quiet!!! He told me again. Your staying in that bucket, for the rest of the school day. He tells me. Now hush up, I have a lot of paper work to do! Said mayor dad.

Man.. I thought to myself, I'm really anxious today. I could really use a hot bath or something when we got home, after I make mayor dad and I some dinner. At least now it's thanksgiving break. I thought to myself.