Gil the wolf pup

Gil's POV
I was on my way back home, I was almost to the mansion, it was really dark tonight. Even though tonight was a complete disaster at the ice skating rink, as well it being on YouTube for anyone to see, I still had fun. Definitely one crazy birthday.

I felt a deep urge to transform since it was night time, but I was trying to hold it down. No one would see me probably, but I don't want to take any chances. Plus mayor dad would probably still awake when get home. I was still figuring out how to keep my wolf in.

I could see the mansion from here now. I made my way over to the gate, then I stopped dead in my tracks. I heard this really faint howl in the distance. Arooooooooo..... what the?? There's no wolves around here! Not even coyotes, It's a small island in the middle the the Atlantic. My ears moved slightly towards the sound.

My hearing has increased quite a bit since my full transformation fully took place. Please tell me I'm imagining things.. I thought to myself worriedly. Aroooooo... I heard it again. My eyes were icy blue and practically glowing. I look into the dark distance. It seems to be coming from the north side of the island.

That's where the deep woods are. There was a forest on a few mountains on that part of the island. My gut was telling me to stay away for some reason. This time I was really hearing something, and I knew this wasn't another dream. I knew for sure I was awake. I should probably tell Flint about this, and make I'm not the only one who can hear this.

Suddenly I saw a rat bird land on the gate of the mansion. I don't know why, but I suddenly had an instinct to catch it. Oh no.. I suddenly transformed into a werewolf again. I couldn't explain it, but I was feeling rather playful. My tail began to wag. I let out a sound resembling a bark.

I felt almost like an excited puppy. I watched as the rat bird cleaning it's face with its paws I began to bound around playfully feeling rather excited, making puppy like noises. Ruff! Like I was a wolf pup. Which I guess I kind of was now. I'm a human child,/wolf pup. Eraaaaaah!!! The rat bird let out a screech like all the other ones do.

My pointy ears moved at the sound. I forgot all about the howl I heard in the distance, I was way too occupied now. Before I became a werewolf I always tried to avoid the rat birds and other scary animals, but now this is just fun! This makes my tail wag! The rat bird was still sitting on the gate of the mansion, I squatted down, and then jumped up at the gate, pawing at the rat bird.

It then flew up to a nearby wire with some other rat birds. Then suddenly, Arooooo... I heard that faint howl again in the distance. It sounded creepy. My pointed ears moved towards the direction the howl was coming from. I couldn't see it but I could hear it. Whatever was making that sound was starting to scare me.

And when I get scared, my inner wolf is hard to control. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I concentrated hard for a few seconds, and went back to my human form. I went inside the gate and into the front doors and went inside. I closed the doors, and locked them behind me. For some reason I just wasn't feeling safe.

I made my way upstairs, I could hear mayor dad talking angrily on the phone. I could tell it was work business stuff. This happens quite a lot. Mayor dad never liked it when he doesn't get his way. I went into his bedroom, see him pacing around near the fireplace. I walked over to him accidentally tripping over my own shoe and fell.

Oww! Gil be quiet when daddy's on the phone! We talked about this. Sorry, I replied. I crawled over near the fireplace to warm up, it was cold tonight. I see two black dress shoes in front of me, I looked up at mayor dad. He looked down at me, still on the phone. I looked over at the wall and saw our shadows.

Mine was a small shadow, I was curled up near the fireplace because I was cold. Mayor dad's shadow was much bigger, standing over me. Looking at our shadows really stood out to me for some reason. It was like resembling us. I was always living in mayor dad's shadow, and that wasn't even the half of it.

I was living under his thumb, his control. Was that the reason for my entire existence? Was I really born to just be his little son for him to step all over, and do every little thing he wants? No..It just can't be.. there's no way I was only born to cater to his every whim.. Although part of me wouldn't mind it because I love him so much..

I was afraid of him, but yet I loved him so much, that I would do anything to have his fatherly love. I listened to him on the phone some more, he was definitely mad at someone.

Why he was even on the phone because of mayor related things at this hour of the night was beyond me. He finally hung up. He walked over to his bed and got in it. Gil, I need a midnight snack, go make something. Yes mayor dad! I went down stairs, made him a sandwich and a drink and brought it back up.

Mayor dad finished eating the snack. Gil sing me a song, I can't sleep. I'm on it major dad! I grabbed a violin and start playing it. Badly too. I sang a song. Go to sleep, sweet sweet mayor dad.. I'll be watching right here... no.. Gil, that's just awful and unsettling.. stop it.. he threw a pillow at my face. I couldn't help but laugh.

Yeah that was pretty awful. I didn't even know how to play the violin so of course it was going to sound terrible. Then I remembered.. oh yeah the howl. I pulled out my phone and began texting Flint. Knowing him, he tends to stay up rather late as well. I should probably tell him what happened earlier when I heard that howl.