It begins

Gil's POV
A few hours have passed and now I'm back home. I took a warm bath and washed my hair. Now, I was standing in front of the mirror looking at my reflection. I felt so weird. My whole body felt weird. I changed into sweatpants and a t shirt to be comfortable.

I've never felt this way before. I can't even explain it. Am I sick? I don't even know. I sighed and I walked over to my window and opened it for fresh air. I looked up to the nighttime sky. I saw the stars shimmering in the night. I took a deep breath. So beautiful, I thought to myself.

Oh look! There's the moon. It's a full moon too. I looked up at the full moon with eyes of wonder. Then suddenly, I felt an intense jolt shoot through my body. That weird feeling intensified x 10. I started panicking as I slammed the window shut. What the what!?!?

What the heck was that?!? I was breathing heavily. Slowly that feeling became less and less intense. Eventually it went back to how it was before. Maybe I should talk to Flint about this. Maybe he can invent something to make this stop.

Maybe I can go over to his lab tomorrow and explain my situation, I told myself. But mayor dad... no no I'm not gonna tell him what just happened! I don't even know what just happened! All I know is that I thought I was gonna die for a second.

Flint will figure this out, everything will be fine.  I just wished more than anything that I would feel like my usual self again. I was trying not to get too upset. But I was upset. My anxiety increased, then suddenly I could feel that strange feeling spike up again. Oh crap!

Okay okay.. deep breaths Gil, deep breaths, I said to myself. I tried hard to just calm down and relax. The feeling began to fade some. I will go to Flint's lab tomorrow, and see what he can figure out. Whatever happens I can't let mayor dad know about this, I told myself.

I looked again in the mirror, everything will be fine. I turned on my nightlight, and walked over to my bed and tucked myself in. I said my prayers, and I just hoped the nightmares wouldn't be too bad. I was hoping Flint was able to create a device to help with my dreams so I could get the sleep I desperately needed. I closed my eyes and drifted off. 

                     A little while later:
Gil was tossing around in his sleep, those flashes of the shadows, those terrifying sounds that made.. he could see them a little more clearly now, and it was going faster. The flashes of the shadows, the terrifying faces they had.

Gil began to cry out in fear. It wouldn't stop. The shadows, the we're getting closer, everything was intensifying.

                            Meanwhile:  
Mayor Shelbourne was out tonight for a work thing. Being the mayor, he can't avoid all of those things. He was almost home now, riding in his limo. He hated those boring meetings and openings he had to go to. Well, at least this one was over now.

A little while later the mayor was back home to the mansion. He was about to sit in his chair near the fireplace, have some wine, and read a bit. Until he heard a cry coming from his sons bedroom. Again. UGH.. GIL...... the mayor said to himself. His hands clenched into fists. That needy, irritating, little creature! That creature was his son though.

He really didn't want to go in there. But if he doesn't, will his son calm down? The mayor tried to ignore it. He poured himself some wine and sat down near his fireplace with a book. Gil was finally quiet. He knew there was no point in yelling at him to be quiet, that didn't wake him up before.

About an hour had passed, and the mayor would be going to bed soon. Then there was that cry again. Why was he making that sound at night? Was it nightmares? Whatever it was it seemed to be quite disturbing to his boy. He was going to have to try and calm him.

Mayor shelbourne made his way to his son's bedroom, not wanting to go in there. But if he wanted his son to quiet down he was going to have to try and calm him. Gil's door was opened slightly as usual. Gil let out another cry.

The mayor walked over to his son's bed and looked down at his boy. He seemed even more frightened then he was that other night. He was tossing, and turning, and breathing heavily. Annoyed by his son's neediness, he just wanted to go to bed himself. But no.

Gil was laying on his side facing away from his father. The mayor reached out his arm and grabbed his son's small torso. He pulled him closer and positioned him to lay on his back. Gil cried out again. The mayor placed his warm hand on his son's face. He stroked his hair back. Gil immediately calmed to the touch.

Mayor Shelbourne was shocked, on how quickly that calmed his son. It was like Gil was asleep, but in a way he could sense his father nearby. Gil leaned into the touch, as the mayor stroked his hair, and gently brushed against his cheek with the back of his hand.

The mayor looked down at his boy. He seemed calm now. No more crying out. No more tossing around. The boy seemed completely unaware of this after he wakes up in the morning. However the mayor wanted to keep it that way. He stroked his boy's head, and tucked him in tightly, then went back to his own bedroom.

At least he was able to calm him, his needy little son. The mansion was then quiet for the night.