Thanksgiving

Gil's POV
Today was thanksgiving, I was currently in the kitchen, preparing turkeys and everything els. There was going to be a thanksgiving feast tonight in the town. Mayor dad had to be there since well.. he's the mayor.

Of course I was doing all the cooking. I've been cooking since this morning, making enough food for the town, turkey after turkey, as well baking pies, apple pie, pumpkin pie, you name it, as well as all the other side foods like mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and everything, plus beverages. It was already 5 pm. I've been cooking for hours.

The feast was at 7:00 tonight. I only had 2 freaking hours to finish making everything. Mayor dad was getting ready for tonight. He was already in the town with people getting stuff prepared. I wanted to come too but mayor dad told me to stay home and cook. I wasn't feeling great last night, and this morning Mayor dad gave me some flu medicine. It helped a lot, I feel good now. I had a lot of cooking to do but I wanted to please mayor dad in any way I could. I loved him more then anything.

One good thing about living in a big mansion, means a big massive kitchen. There was more then 1 oven. Which means I could cook multiple dinners at once. I knew how to cook quite well, I've been serving mayor dad since I was really young, since the day I could walk and hold a wooden spoon in my hand. I seriously felt like a maid sometimes with all the cooking and cleaning I swear.. or a housewife. I was use to it though. And doing everything for my father always filled me with so much joy. I would take a bullet for mayor dad in a heartbeat.

Anyway, I was almost finished with making all the food. Sam, Flint, and Brent, and manny, were coming to help bring all the food. Manny was bringing his truck to bring all the food to the town. I was supposed to meet mayor dad at 6:00 pm with all the food.

                   40 something minutes later:

Flint, Brent, Sam, and manny arrived with the truck, and we loaded all the food up. Gil this food smells amazing! Sam said with a smile. I could feel my face blushing red. Yeah it does! Flint said. Thankyou Sammy Sam Sam! I am going to eat sooooooo much of this! Brent said. We were all in the truck on the way to where the feast was going to be. It was about 5:40 pm.

This is more than enough to feed the whole town! How did you make all this in only a few hours?? Flint asked me. Well, actually I've been cooking literally all day, I tell him. I've been cooking for mayor dad for such a long time so I'm use to having to whip up something fast, I tell him. Plus we have a luxury kitchen, I add.

We arrived at the feast where I saw mayor dad, as well as officer earl, and mr. Lockwood, old Rick, and a few others setting everything up. It was getting dark fast, but there were lights and decorations and stuff. We started unloading all the food from the truck. Ah! Gil, there you are! I see you finished cooking everything.

We were setting up all the tables, as I made all the tables nice and neat, with napkins, silverware, and plates as well as fancy glass cups. I brought beautiful candles, and set them on the large tables, as well as a beverage fountain on each table. Each table would have their own turkey, as well as other foods, and pie slices, neatly stacked on each table.

It looked gorgeous. After I was done, I smiled at my handy work. Gil.. this looks amazing! Flint told me. Thankyou flint. I'm serious Gil! Everything looks stunning!!! That means a lot to me Flint. Thankyou. I guess I did do a decent job didn't I? Decent?? More like a phenomenal job!!! Sam pitched in. And there goes may face blushing again like crazy. Yeah! This is like... the best smelling food I like.. ever smelled dude!!! Said Brent. Thankyou, Thankyou very much everyone! I was flattered by all the compliments about the feast I made.

Of course my father, is not so easily impressed, but he seemed to be satisfied with everything I've done. I saw Flint and his dad, oh hi Mr. Lockwood! I said. Hello Gilbert, he replied, everything looks great, he tells me. Thankyou I replied. Flint and his dad were just having a conversation, while Mayor dad was about to announce the feast was going to start soon. I walked over to mayor dad, and accidentally tripped over a rock on the way and face planted myself. Mayor dad used that opportunity to step on my back like a stool and get everyone's attention.