Disaster on ice

Gil's POV
Flint was in his lab for about a half hour, I could hear him using tools and stuff for an invention. He came back down, his safety goggles on his head, wearing black gloves, and holding a box. He opened it, behold!!! The Flint Lockwood rocket powered ice skate uhh, thing! Flint said.

Flint was holding ice skates with some kind of jets on them. Flint, that is going to turn into a disaster on ice! Sam said. No it won't Sam, it will be fine. It's just for fun. It's not like it's going to blast me all over the place, Flint said. It's just going to do the skating for me! I can't wait to try these out. I want to try!!! Brent said excitedly.

Fine, but if you two end up in the hospital, because you fell and busted your heads open, don't say I didn't warn you, Sam said.

Some time later:

We arrived at the mall ate some pizza, soda, and got some skates for the ice rink. Of course Brent fell in less then 5 seconds on the ice. Okay guys! Just a few more adjustments and my ice skates will be ready! Said Flint. He was skating beside us trying to work the remote control for the skates.

I could tell Sam was concerned about this. I was too sort of. I just had a bad feeling. I started to skate faster, and did a twisting jump, some people looked at me stunned, as well as Flint, Sam, and Brent. I skated back over to them. Woah Gil your an amazing skater! Sam said. Oh, Thankyou Sammy Sam Sam! I said blushing like crazy.

Hey you guys! Wait for me!!! Said Brent. By now he's fallen at least 10 times. Poor Brent was really struggling on the ice. I mean, Brent wasn't exactly the most graceful on his feet, let alone skates. A lot of kids from school were here too. I did a few more stunts on the ice, they seemed to really enjoy watching me. I was glad.

It was nice to have fun for once. I'm constantly with mayor dad 90% of the time, obeying his every command, but right now I was having fun, and I was pretty good at skating not to brag. I've even thought about trying out for a hockey team! I think I could be good at it. It's ready!!! I hear Flint yell out excitedly. That's great Flint, I reply. Just be careful because- wait.. I was starting to get cold and shiver.

I looked down at my hands horrified. No.. no.. I could see fur starting to show on my hands, my nails sharpening. Crap! No no!!! Not here! Not now! Where's my gloves?? I reached in all my pockets but didn't find any. Then I remembered, oh.... I accidentally left them in my freaking bag! Crap!!!

I desperately tried to hide my hands where people couldn't see them. Behold everyone! The Flint Lockwood-AHHHHH!!!!! Suddenly Flint's ice skates bursted out of the blue, there were flames coming out of the jets and he accelerated rapidly around the ice skating rink, knocking people down on the way.

I was too scared to notice, as my wolf was beginning to come out. I still haven't had full control over this. Crap! I need to go get my gloves and put them on. I need to get warm! I need-AHHHHHHHHH!!! I screamed suddenly as I saw Flint approaching me rapidly with his rocket skates.

I let out a scream as he smashed right into me. We were both screaming holding on to each other tight. We were circling around the ice rink at a terrifying pace. Flint!!!! Turn this thing off! I yelped in distress. I'm trying!!! Flint said, pressing the button on his remote control repeatedly.

We hit quite a few people including Sam. She fell, sorry Sammy Sam Sam! I yelled out. Why isn't this working??? Flint said. Everyone left the ice rink once they saw what was going on. Well, I mean what was I expecting? When was Flint Lockwood ever out in public around people, without scaring them to death?

We were still screaming and holding on to each other, circling around the ice rink at a horrifying pace. Turn it off Flint!!! I'm trying! He replied. FLINT LOCKWOOOOOOOD!!!! Suddenly I see officer Earl running on the rink chasing us, I think he was trying to tackle Flint but suddenly he slipped and tackled me by accident.

I screamed as we hit the iced ground. Owwww.. officer Earl got back up trying to chase after Flint. FLINT LOCKWOOOOOOOD STOP THIS RIGHT NOW! I'm trying officer Earl, it won't work! It's not responding to the remote control! Flint said. OOOF! Flint suddenly ran into officer Earl, then they slid out of control. Flint look out! Sam yelled out.

There was a big Christmas tree in the center of the ice rink. It was very tall, and suddenly Flint and officer Earl crashed right into it. OOOF! I could hear him. They were both knocked down on the ground finally, and no longer accelerating out of control. I skated over to Flint and officer Earl, and bent down. Are you guys okay?? Oww yeah- Flint said. Few... man I'm glad that's over I said. I stood back up and turned around facing the Christmas tree. I'm just glad- AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I screamed as I saw the Christmas tree falling over right on top of me, and Flint, and officer Earl. It was a big tree but luckily not that big. OWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I yelled out. Officer Earl pushed the tree off of us. Lockwood!!!!! Officer Earl yelled. I could tell Flint was about to get the lecture of his life. Flint what did I tell you??? Sam yelled out from the distance.

Man that was so embarrassing, there were so many people looking at us all around. I was overwhelmed with embarrassment. Well, at least only people in the mall saw us, yeah, it could have been worse. Where's Brent? I looked over at Brent who was standing in front of the ice rink with his phone recording everything that just happened. And uploading this to YouTube for the whole world to see! He said proudly. I had a look of horror on my face and fell to my knees. Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Some time later at Flint's lab:

We were on Sam's laptop watching the YouTube video of what happened on the ice rink, that Brent decided to call disaster on ice. Seriously Brent?? You just had to post that for the whole freaking world to see?! I asked him annoyed. Yes.. yes I did. Brent said. Ugh.. I put a hand to my face as I watched the video of Flint smashing into me, then Earl, then the Christmas tree, which then fell on top of us.

And the worst part was, the video already had 500 views with lots of comments, that I didn't even want to look at. I knew it wouldn't be long until it would hit a thousand plus views. Maybe even more. Sam and Brent began to laugh. Me and Flint glared at them.. Brent cleared his throat, I mean umm.. that's not funny.. no it was hilarious! Sam said.

Gil, I am so sorry! I didn't think the skates were gonna just burst into speed like that! I ruined your birthday I'm so sorry!!! Flint, you didn't ruin anything. It was an accident. I know but I feel terrible. It's okay Flint. I'm just glad nobody actually got hurt. I reply. Me too, he said.

I looked at the time, it was almost 10! It was getting late. I opened my phone and I had a text from Mayor dad telling me I had chores to do. Crap! I got to get back you guys! I'll talk to you tomorrow! Okay! See you Gil! I heard Flint say as I made my way back home.