Special Chapter

Hey Benjamin,

I know that things did not end well for the both us. Everything fell apart. We once again came back from the start. A start with uncertainty and an ending without clarity. For years, Benj, I thought that being far from you is something I couldn't always do, but from all the years that you and I had gone through, I realized that maybe the dawn already got tired of finding and bringing us back again. 

You were the person who always reminded me to live, to see a brighter future ahead. The one who can sacrifice everything, where choosing yourself is something like a crime. You always remind me of that, Benjamin and that's what I am going for in life until now.

You are the cold morning breeze who caressed my skin as it went through me, but at the same time you are the warmth that I am missing every time it passes. I am always sure on how I feel about you, on how I want to show the universe to you. I am always certain with that when I'm with you, Benj. I am certain that I love you more than our dawn. But I guess that certainty is something that we both don't need anymore. Sometimes life is always the best when we face uncertainty. The one who will give us surprises. The unfamiliar feeling of not knowing what's to come. It doesn't give you the right answer because it exceeds more than that. It is beyond what we have expected. It is the best and that's how I feel for Danielle, my wife, and to my son, Laurence.

I'm sorry, Benjamin. I am sorry that I did not came to you earlier when we saw each other again after years of being far away. I wasn't expecting your smile, Benj because I thought that you're still mad. I am not ready for that that's why I am writing this down right now not just to say sorry for what happened earlier, but also to everything that happened in the past.

I left you without a goodbye, because I thought to myself that we don't need that anymore and I hope that you will forgive me for that. We were already gone, I just thought that staying in the same place will lead us back again from the start where our universe will collide for the last time. And that last time will be the end because we are as one travelling to the infinite uncertainties of life and unfolding all the secrets behind it.

I am always longing for that since the day you left, but it did not happen. That's why, just like you, I chose to look forward.

I am happy now and I just hope that you are too. If you are mad, I will still and always accept it, but know that I can't wait for all the stories you will me tell once we see each other again. I will count to that. I will always be looking forward to the day that I'll be listening to all your success even if the dawn comes because that's ours, Benj.

The dawn will always be ours.

See you soon, Benjamin.

Lucas.

---
Saw this one in my drafts at hindi siya part ng story. It's just something I want to post because as far as I can remember, this is the first ending that I've written for the story, but we've had enough with these kind of endings. I changed it because we all deserve a happy one. :))

It is also a celebration, because I already spent a year here in wattpad.

The Light of Midnight will be uploaded soon! Trying my best to end the last installment for the series, but who knows? Baka madagdagan pa 'yan sa mga susunod na taon. Anyway, thank you for all your support!