007 - Dirty Sneakers

"BOO!"

He was interrupted by some moron in a Michael Myers mask jumping from around the corner.

The scare caused me to let out an incredibly girly scream as I threw myself into Eddies chest and covered my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me as the idiot in the mask laughed and ran onto his next victim.

Eddie stroked my hair softly as he said between clinched teeth, "Jesus H Christ, that guys better hope I never find out who he is."

I stood back from him suddenly not feeling well. My head started to swim, and world moved around me.

Oh God. Please not right now.

"Oh shit, Ali are you okay?"

I took a few deep breathes, pleading with my stomach to keep its contents. "Yeah, I'm just not really feeling well."

"Let's try and find you some water" Eddie suggested.

But it was too late. I shoved my head through the stalks of corn, losing the battle with my stomach as it purged itself. Not once, but twice. Eddie stepped forward, holding my hair back with one hand, and gently rubbing my back with the other.

God this was embarrassing.

I pulled myself upright, wiping the corners of my mouth with the sleeve of my flannel.

"I need to find Steve" I whimpered without making eye contact with Eddie.

I was mortified and wanted nothing more than to throw myself under the covers of my bed and never come out again. I started walking in the direction I hoped was the exit, but Eddie stopped me.

"Woah, okay hold on. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just need to get back home." I answered still not meeting his eyes.

"Okay, well let me help you." The statement sounding more like a question.

I let him guide me to the exit, which he found surprisingly fast. We walked through the exit of the maze, and he sat me down on one of the bales of hay that scattered around the fire.

"Okay. Stay here" he pleaded. "I'm going to find Steve or Robin and maybe some water."

I leaned over placing my elbows on my knees and my face into my palms. I was never letting Robin talk me into another party ever again.

I heard footsteps walking towards me and I looked up hoping to see Steve or Robin, but instead it was...Jason?

"Hey, you're the new girl, right?" he slurred, sitting down next to me. He smelt so strongly of liquor I had to hold my breath and focus on not puking again.

"Ali." Was all I could manage.

"Right, Ali. I think we have a couple of classes together" he added, sliding his hand up my thigh. I moved and crossed my legs so that his hand would fall.

"You know, you're pretty cute for a chubby girl" he smirked as if he were giving me a compliment.

"And you're pretty short for a basketball player. What's your point?"

He laughed "Yet I'm the Captain of the team, and you're the fat girl sitting by herself at the party" he replied with a smile that made my skin crawl.

I scoffed and stood up, but he grabbed my wrist with an aggressive grip. "Oh, come on honey, I'm only teasing." He tried pulling me back down to him.