012 - Spaghetti

I spent the rest of the week avoiding Eddie. When he actually decided to show up for class, I made sure to keep my eyes on the teacher or face opposite of where he was sitting. Several times I could feel his gaze burning my skin, but I refused to let myself look at him.

"Hey kiddo, No plans for tonight?" Dave asked.

It was Friday night, and I thought of the date I was supposed to have with Eddie. "No, not tonight. Robin is working and Steve has a date."

"Okay, well I'll be at Mel's for the night if you need anything."

"Have a good night, Uncle Dave" I replied continuing to read my book.

I had begun to doze off when I heard a knock at the front door. I sat up glancing at my alarm clock, 7:00pm.

Wow Ali, you're an absolute party animal.

I opened the door and my breath hitched. It was Eddie.

He was standing in front of me in his leather jacket and ripped black jeans. His hair was damp, and I could smell that he had just showered. Clean musk and tobacco.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned attempting to keep my voice strong.

"It's Friday night. You said you'd have dinner with me. Remember?" he replied.

"I thought it was pretty obvious that was off when I told you to leave me alone." Though his chocolate brown eyes were causing me to second guess that decision.

I tried closing the door, but he caught it with his hand. "Ali, please. Just give me an hour to explain" he pleaded. "If you want to leave after that, I'll bring you home."

I took a moment and glanced at his strong ringed fingers grasping the door.

Shit.

"Fine. One hour. Give me a few minutes." I opened the door for him and walked to my room.

Eddie stayed in the living room while I quickly showered and changed clothes. I didn't have time to stress about my outfit choice and ended up in jeans and a fitted black sweater with my converse. I threw my hair up in a clip and walked out to meet him.

"Alright, let's go."

His eyes trailed over my body. "You look beautiful."

I knew the comment would make my cheeks burn, and quickly turned to grab my jacket. "Clock's ticking, Munson." I didn't want him to see how his words affected me.

We spent ten minutes in his van in silence before I asked, "Where are you taking me?"

"My place" he answered not taking his eyes from the road.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh come on, not like that. I made dinner for you" he explained.

"Wait. You cooked for me?" I asked a little more than shocked.

Eddie reluctantly broke his eye contact with the windshield to look at me. "Of course, I did. What were you expecting?" he questioned as we turned into the trailer park.

What was I expecting?

He parked in the lot, ran over to my door, and offered his hand to me in almost a question. I hesitated for a moment but accepted his help. Every touch making me forget why I was so upset in the first place.

As we walked to the door of the trailer, he gently rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, and my stomach fluttered.

"Well, it's not much" he admitted as he opened the front door, "but it's home."